Dendra Knives info requested

I saw on the exchange dealers folders a Dendra Defender and was intrigued. The design, materials and price were in my sweet spot. I searched and found other models that also looked ver nice. They are made by Lion Steel? Does anyone have any of them. pics or review would be appreciated. All D2 blades? All rotoblock lock?
Defender G10 Ti
fe5911c2b39f456cbfce2513200adb71_zps284e95b3.jpg

Tiger Jump carbonfiber Ti
3061b19e3453cdb73c9159d1d5bc12c3_zps1998a515.jpg

Deer Hunter Micarta steel not Ti
ecb66c1da083171363e0466ca9f92469_zps756b5564.jpg

Typhoon or Tsunami????????
c527b3bb57ea770cc49e7ff33a14a6a1_zps5da999a6.jpg

Last edited:
Yes made by Lionsteel and the ti frame locks have the roto block. D2 steel on the ti frame locks, don't know much about the liner locks. I'm tempted to pick up the tiger jump. My experience with Lionsteel knives has been good

Bit the bullet and ordered a defender yesterday from extremaddiction. I plan on a thorough youtube review when it arrives.

It's a Russian company, I found a website showing their warranty card, its all in Russian. I think its a warranty card...but everything is in Russian so best guess but its made by Lion Steel so you know its good.

Good thread—I saw that one of my favorite dealers just started to carry these—but there wasn't much information available besides what they had posted on their website.

I believe that all but the tiger jump is 4mm thick blades. I believe the tiger jump is 6mm thick! Unconfirmed.

I was also looking for info about them since I also just ordered the Defender - it just looked too badass!

Razorsharp just posted a youtube video going over all the Dendra knives
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p89FB7Tih8Q

Also, I found a Russian forum talking about the knives with a really cool comparison pic.

Dendra Tiger Jump
Dendra Defender
Dendra Tsunami
ZT0550
ZT0350TS

kcDYAss.jpg

fKqIIsP.jpg

Here's a poor translation about the company by one of the Russian forum members:

The story is this: Dendra (since time immemorial has been supplying imported knives, crossbows, bows and accessories to Russia) orders Timothy Antonevich (knife-maker) to design the blades.​

Last edited:
Interesting looking knives. I might just have to try the Tiger Jump blade shape. Looks like a combo of recurve and tanto, and I like them both.

Starting to put the pieces together....

Simply "http://dendra.ru" takes you to a page that says "under construction but you can purchase our products at http://rankona.ru"

If I'm understanding this right, the Russian retailer that sells knives and crossbows throughout Russia asked knife maker Timothy Antonevich to design a few knives for them. They contracted Lion Steel, Italy to manufacturer the knives and sold them under a new company, Dendra. Dendra originally only ordered about 800 of these knives, but it looks like they started making more and want to turn Dendra into a bigger business.

Last edited:
Here is another description of Dendra, translated from Russian to English:

Company "Dendra" develops blade business in Russia is 15 years. Dendra one of the first Russian companies presented the best knives that are in the world. It is difficult to find a firm in Russia with such a rich history, which would be better versed in the knife!
Relying on his years of experience and the needs of our hunters and knives, Dendra began producing knives with a fixed blade and a series of folding knives. Of course, all manufactured products quality is very high. After spending a whole series of testing blades Dendra, we make sure that no analogues in Russia in terms of convenience and comfort there.
Materials used steels with different hardness AUS 8A, VG-10 (San mai III) and D2, each hunter, camper and fans will find his knife Dendra. Models such as the Tengu and Moji can be used as a survival knife, check! Materials handles of the craton, Micarta, and in some models of 3D processing is added for better retention of the knife in his hand. Ergonomic handles in different shapes will choose a comfortable knife. Dendra knives with a fixed blade sheath fitted with hanging belt fixing, they do not make noise when running the hunt, which is extremely important.

Then they have a video of them using the "Deer Hunter" knife to tear a dead deer into pieces. Then they cut some paper. lol

My defender will be here today. I plan on a video unboxing ,ill post the link here for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks for the nice video.

I think all of these Dendra Knives manufactured by LionSteel have a flipper which I think is a first for LionSteel. Most of my LionSteel folders need some breaking in period especially if it's titanium framelock. All of the titanium ones that I've had play stiff to begin with with the added issue of stickiness on the titanium framelock. These sort themselves out over time. On my DPx Gear HEST/F 2.0 T3 it took a long time but now it's the one I carry the most due to overall size and extra utility.

Good to see that in the appended video clip the flipper operated smoothly after an adjustment to the pivot.

My Dendra Tiger Jump with Black Coated PVD Finish D2 Blade and Carbon Fiber scale should come in on Monday. The blade looks a lot like my LionSteel PM-1 except that on the PM-1 it's Sleipner steel whereas on the Tiger Jump it's D2. Very functionally-effective blade. I'll do a side by side picture and include LionSteel SR-1 & PM-1 and ZT 0560CBCF & 0550BLK for size comparison.

Overall, I think for the amount of quality they have they are value priced.

I think you guys dont mind if I post few photos , got one Tiger jump for pictures .
Blade 5.5mm
Weight 7.7oz (nice isn't)
it has CF scale and (i think ) titanium liner under it .
kinda sticky lock , but then all defenders have it , I have been carrying defender for a week and it getting better after breaking in .
another interesting thing blade looks like blued tool steel , it doesnt look like your regular pvd . very impressive as i personally dont like pvd.
very comfortable in the hand .
and last i dont like flipper as a flipper but it works well as finger protection .
over all Great knife for the price , one of my personal favorites for sure .
i-SbNp2XR-XL.jpg

i-CKZXVPv-XL.jpg

i-RtwwdN3-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Tiger jump is next for me. I really want the satin blade at least I think it's a satin could be stonewashed. I like the milling on the titanium side and I'm always a sucker for carbon fiber. Not a huge fan of the blade shape but its growing on me. I wonder if a defender blade would fit?

The blade of the Tiger Jump looks like the same blade used in the Lion Steel PM1, which I believe is the official folding knife of the Swiss Police.

Back