Design Your “Perfect” Knife

I really like this one! The only problem I see is that it would have to be micarta handles, wood only comes in 5” long pieces.

I can send you the drawing and blank if you want this might be my next knife I get from you.

you could make it with 1/4" or so of exposed steel at the butt end to use as a ferro rod striker/mallet relief.

I almost added one last night before I cut it out. I think it would be a nice add on with an exposed butt.

Ok I'll send it your way this week and you can make any tweaks you feel necesary. This may be my January knife!

I finally got around to drawing something out.
1SfjVW2.jpg

I have always loved the blade profile of the Grohmann #4, but I can't get comfortable with the handle. This design would put that same leaf shaped blade design on a much more user friendly handle for me. Flat/convex grind, preferably 5/32" thick. Burlap micarta scales. I'd buy this knife in a heartbeat, and it would be an instant user. It's got a lot in common with your Muddy Camp.

Ty-higg, what blade thickness? I like the fact that you gave it a good size handle to maneuver it.

Ty-higg, what blade thickness? I like the fact that you gave it a good size handle to maneuver it.

I was thinking 1/8" for it, and origionally when I started drawing it I wanted a shorter handle but it just didn't flow right with the knife.

I actually made a knife with that blade style for a customer a couple years ago. I’ll try to take a picture of the pattern, if it ever warms up!
The M13? Or did you make one with a "harpoon" tip that I don't remember?

AodGD27.jpg

I actually made a knife with that blade style for a customer a couple years ago. I’ll try to take a picture of the pattern, if it ever warms up!

Ill probably send you this one later in the year to get it made something about it just catches my eye.

Already did, The April special. A working B&T........st least for now!! :p

Back