1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Desperados Waiting for a Train

Discussion in 'Redmeadow Knives & T.Knotts Knives' started by lessismore, Mar 22, 2019.

1. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    You know I'm no good at picking thread titles, besides I was thinkin about this movie all day...
    Cheatersneverwin.jpeg
    And hummin this song.....
    (One of the beat songs ever written)

Oh yeah, this is what we're here fer.
    Let's get this ball rollin, shall we?
    20190322_190438-01.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. mitch4ging

mitch4ging Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Big YUP on all three!:thumbsup:

3. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Heck yeah! :D So are we callin' this the Redmeadow Desperado? Was that even on the list? :confused:

protourist likes this.
  4. lessismore

lessismore Enjoy Every Sandwich Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 29, 2010
    It's just a title, let's not worry about a name for now .

Think about what kind of material you may want for the front spacer, and if you want thumpling.

20190307_110221-02.jpeg

5. Airborne 1

Airborne 1 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 23, 2014
    you do know Guy Clark wrote that tune. I hope !

6. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Yep, big Guy Clark fan right here, always thought Jerry Jeff sang it best. Check out our Music thread... Great Songs, Good Ones, and One's that'll do.

AntDog and mitch4ging like this.
  7. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Without cheating, any guesses on what movie is in the first post? (The actors initials are H.F.)

Hey you, quit cheatin!

8. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    ^ On Golden Pond?

:D I do like your thread title - knew right away what it was about :thumbsup:

What do you call "thumpling" - being a Downeaster I have no idea (well, I have an idea but likely wrong).

Looking forward to see the pages mount up in this thread.

Ray

Pinemoon likes this.
  9. protourist

protourist Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    [​IMG]
    Thumpling. One of the trademarks of a Redmeadow.

10. Pinemoon

Pinemoon Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I'll take a thumpling (I think :confused:).
    Looks like a thumb ramp of sorts ??
    And what's our options on front spacer? Wood, bone, micarta, goat's hoof, fossilized blackberry ???
    Excited about the beginning of this :thumbsup:

11. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Thumpling is a dimpled texture on the spine near the handle. It's not aggressive, but it gives a little bit of grab. I guess we have our own language in here:eek:

Blackwood would go well with these, I'll take a look t what I have that would work well and post some options for the front spacer.

I like either micarta, paperstone, or G10 for the end spacer, it adds strength back there and lets me peen it like I mean it. I have a few color options there.

Ray, right actor, wrong movie;)

Pinemoon, mitch4ging and protourist like this.
  12. protourist

protourist Gluaiseann an ba'd, ni' ghluaiseann an cuan Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Mmmmm, thumpling and blackwood...

Rupestris and mitch4ging like this.
  13. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Right? I think these are gonna rock. A maroon end spacer or even a dark blue might work to give it some pop with the Nickel silver.

Pinemoon and protourist like this.
  14. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Hint........Nobody was faster! :)
    Is the maroon the paperstone?

lessismore likes this.
  15. lessismore

Aug 29, 2010
    Paperstone, Micarta or G10, I've got all three.

Nailed it Dennis, one of my favorite spaghettis! Tell me, did you cheat or was HF and the train enough?

16. mitch4ging

Jun 16, 2015
    Love the paperstone, great product!:cool::thumbsup:

Grew up watching those movies, and watch them whenever they are on. The Nobody's were awsome!
    On Henry Fonda's fake headstone at the end, "Nobody was faster", such a great scene!
    Excellent choices!:):thumbsup:

17. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    More thumpling... :cool:

IMG_3411.jpg

My thoughts exacticly! :D :thumbsup:

Hmm, blue... I'll have to think about that! :D

Pinemoon and Rupestris like this.
  18. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    :confused: :D

R

19. RayseM

Feb 18, 2010
    How about this combo John?

• Is the dark blue - midnight dark or more sapphire? Maybe the blue can go between the GID bands too. Therefore, only 2 colors with the silver.

• Any more of the glow in the dark?

• If you need more spacers and less leather :( we can talk. You know me - lessismore :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Ray

Bull-Imp-.jpg

Pinemoon and protourist like this.
  20. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Watching Hang 'Em High on History

mitch4ging likes this.