Did anybody already receive his 5.1 3V presale?

When you checkout on our website you have to check the box saying that you've read over a few terms and conditions. In those terms and conditions, it warns that if you decide to change your order it may take us a bit longer to fulfill the order. Those orders can take longer for a variety of reasons but some of the big ones are: because it is more likely that a modified order will get placed in the wrong build location, or may get built wrong and need to be reassembled, or if inventory is a concern it will get placed behind orders which were not modified to ensure those folks receive exactly what they ordered.

Since you have changed pretty much every order you have placed with us, I'd say you've been pretty lucky so far.

Your current orders, in particular, may take a bit longer since I don't know when I will have the time to look through the sheaths to find one that will meet your standards. I know Guy and I have both talked with you on separate occasions about the sheath eyelets and have offered to cancel and refund the sheaths so you can put the funds toward a custom sheath. I also know you decided to keep the sheaths on order as is, but since you have continued to mention it in public venues I was planning to try and find one without the splits for you so that we can all be done with that issue.

For folks who are curious about the eyelet issue here is more information:
Our new production sheaths may have some tiny splits in the smaller flared side of eyelets. We have talked with the company who produces our sheaths and they have never experienced a sheath failure due to this issue so we are ok with it. We are especially ok with it because the company that is now making our sheaths is capable of producing thousands each month, to the same quality standards we have always demanded. No company in the past has ever been able to keep up with our demand and this is the first time in SURVIVE! history that orders are not waiting on sheaths. Kiah makes great quality sheaths, but he cannot keep up with you guys. The cracking is simply a byproduct of how many sheaths they are able to produce. They use different methods than smaller makers who typically use slower methods to roll the eyelets into place.

Ellie,

Let's get this squared away.

1) My emails regarding my Pre-sale order has not been demanding. I've only emailed you once or twice regarding the status of my order. Maybe you shouldn't say that it's shipping next week on your responses or you can link me to that term and conditions as many customers won't probably bother.

2) We spoke about the eyelets and yes, i did understand perfectly why cracked eyelets are present and i was more than fine if i get a sheath with those issues.

3) So i'm assuming you wrote that out of frustration from the many....for that i apologize.

Gentlemen, i originally opened this thread for 3V presales. If you have some specific questions about 20CV's, please open a new one to avoid off topic. Thank you.
I'm stlill curious if there's any 5.1 3V presale touchdown. And - as stated by a forum member - it's not true without a pic.;)

Gentlemen, i originally opened this thread for 3V presales. If you have some specific questions about 20CV's, please open a new one to avoid off topic. Thank you.
I'm stlill curious if there's any 5.1 3V presale touchdown. And - as stated by a forum member - it's not true without a pic.;)

Still waiting for my presale in 3v. Was hoping this was going to be the week.

No notification for me either. I thought I did read somewhere that all preordered knives had been sent out. I thought Ellie had posted that but I could be wrong (sorry, Ellie, if that wasn't the case, Not trying to put words in your mouth!).

I also think that the "extra step" was required for all of the 3v knives. I can imagine that is a lot of work. I wonder if the work to fix the steel affects handles as well? If there is enough material removed to smooth out the dings, I could see that requiring some refinement on contour of the handles...

In any case, I am encouraged by everything I read posted by the lucky ones who have knives in hand. One day we'll be one of the cool kids.

Did you get a shipping notification?
I'm also curious if all the preorders have been filled yet.

All preorders are out, though there are still some outstanding presale orders.

No notification for me either. I thought I did read somewhere that all preordered knives had been sent out. I thought Ellie had posted that but I could be wrong (sorry, Ellie, if that wasn't the case, Not trying to put words in your mouth!).

I also think that the "extra step" was required for all of the 3v knives. I can imagine that is a lot of work. I wonder if the work to fix the steel affects handles as well? If there is enough material removed to smooth out the dings, I could see that requiring some refinement on contour of the handles...

In any case, I am encouraged by everything I read posted by the lucky ones who have knives in hand. One day we'll be one of the cool kids.

That is part of why the rework has been time consuming. You have to be very aware of how much material you are removing to make sure the handles will still fit appropriately.

I want to be cool too. I am patiently waiting... My first will be a 6 or 4

Ellie,

Let's get this squared away.

1) My emails regarding my Pre-sale order has not been demanding. I've only emailed you once or twice regarding the status of my order. Maybe you shouldn't say that it's shipping next week on your responses or you can link me to that term and conditions as many customers won't probably bother.

2) We spoke about the eyelets and yes, i did understand perfectly why cracked eyelets are present and i was more than fine if i get a sheath with those issues.

3) So i'm assuming you wrote that out of frustration from the many....for that i apologize.

It goes well beyond inquiring about the status of your presale order. The eyelets are merely the latest issue in the years of having you as a customer.
- Every order you have ever placed with us has either been changed or cancelled.
- You continually try to pit Guy and I against each other by asking us the same questions, as though you are hoping you might get a better response from one of us.
- When you don’t get the response you are looking for you seemingly try to shame us about it publicly through various social media outlets.

It is not a problem that you are concerned about the status of your order. We are behind on those and while I have been open and honest about why, I understand the frustrations there. As I mentioned before, changes to your order can cause delays. You have to check the box saying you have read that before the system will let you pay. After placing your order initially, you later changed everything about it besides the fasteners. We have other customers to consider.

It is a problem that you asked both of us about the cracked eyelets even though one had already thoroughly responded to your concern and assured you they would not be a weakness. I offered to remedy the issue by sending your knives without sheaths and refunding the difference. At that time, you said the sheaths would be fine as is. But then you came to our subforum here and asked another sheath maker about the issue while stating your concerns about performance and that in your opinion cracked eyelets are not a sign of quality.

We think our current sheaths are top-notch. If you don’t, that is fine and we’re more than happy to supply your knife without a sheath. I am not sure what else I could do to remedy that situation for you. I have also explained why we have had some delays in delivering your order. I am not sure what more I could do about that besides rushing your order, putting you ahead of other customers who would potentially have to wait longer even though they didn’t change their order.

Split eyelets, complaints about the thickness of the kydex, trying to change your GSO-4.7 to CPM-154 even though that steel wasn’t offered during the preorder, repeatedly demanding a very specific shade of natural brown canvas. Those are just the more recent issues that I remember off the top of my head. We have pretty small margins so when considering the amount of additional time that we spend, I believe we are actually fulfilling your orders at a loss. I do believe the needs of our customers are very important but quite honestly, trying to work with you has been exhausting.

If you are not happy with our standards or methods, perhaps we just aren’t the right knife company for your needs. Please take the time to consider that before placing your next order with us.

It goes well beyond inquiring about the status of your presale order. The eyelets are merely the latest issue in the years of having you as a customer.
- Every order you have ever placed with us has either been changed or cancelled.
- You continually try to pit Guy and I against each other by asking us the same questions, as though you are hoping you might get a better response from one of us.
- When you don’t get the response you are looking for you seemingly try to shame us about it publicly through various social media outlets.

It is not a problem that you are concerned about the status of your order. We are behind on those and while I have been open and honest about why, I understand the frustrations there. As I mentioned before, changes to your order can cause delays. You have to check the box saying you have read that before the system will let you pay. After placing your order initially, you later changed everything about it besides the fasteners. We have other customers to consider.

It is a problem that you asked both of us about the cracked eyelets even though one had already thoroughly responded to your concern and assured you they would not be a weakness. I offered to remedy the issue by sending your knives without sheaths and refunding the difference. At that time, you said the sheaths would be fine as is. But then you came to our subforum here and asked another sheath maker about the issue while stating your concerns about performance and that in your opinion cracked eyelets are not a sign of quality.

We think our current sheaths are top-notch. If you don’t, that is fine and we’re more than happy to supply your knife without a sheath. I am not sure what else I could do to remedy that situation for you. I have also explained why we have had some delays in delivering your order. I am not sure what more I could do about that besides rushing your order, putting you ahead of other customers who would potentially have to wait longer even though they didn’t change their order.

Split eyelets, complaints about the thickness of the kydex, trying to change your GSO-4.7 to CPM-154 even though that steel wasn’t offered during the preorder, repeatedly demanding a very specific shade of natural brown canvas. Those are just the more recent issues that I remember off the top of my head. We have pretty small margins so when considering the amount of additional time that we spend, I believe we are actually fulfilling your orders at a loss. I do believe the needs of our customers are very important but quite honestly, trying to work with you has been exhausting.

If you are not happy with our standards or methods, perhaps we just aren’t the right knife company for your needs. Please take the time to consider that before placing your next order with us.

Ellie,

Aren't those issues typical of what customer service of any company handles on a daily basis? all you had to say was NO if options were not available. I'm sure I'm not the only customer who had requested their own preference when ordering or changing/cancelling orders. I get the companies frustration but why do I feel I'm being singled out by your rant/complaints? is it because I'm the only forum member that you know of that had given you a hard time and you know my personal information? Well forums are forums....

BTW just incase you forgot, the one cancelled order was due to me moving to San Francisco area and most people know that it's not very cheap area to live . You said you understood and is happy to give me a refund. I believe out of the 4 or 5 purchases I made directly, I only cancelled once....

Lastly, I support Survive!.....I don't know why you see me as shaming the company. I have never talked crap about your company and I even supported you when you had a "topic" at the feedbacks section. the only complaint I had was the cracked/split eyelets. other than that, just a bunch of technical questions or constructive criticism that Guy happily answered. I didn't feel any frustrations during those time but thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:
HOLY HELL!!!! I GOT A SHIPPING NOTICE!!!

The next few days are going to be the longest days...ever.

And a number of my coworkers have lost some respect for me. When I opened my email I squealed like a peasant girl. Yeah, there's no taking that back.

HOLY HELL!!!! I GOT A SHIPPING NOTICE!!!

The next few days are going to be the longest days...ever.

And a number of my coworkers have lost some respect for me. When I opened my email I squealed like a peasant girl. Yeah, there's no taking that back.

The only thing better than receiving the notice is receiving the knife. Congratulations!

I can't wait. The only issue is I had it shipped to my work address. I live in the Seattle area and Survive is in Idaho. Mail doesn't take that long to get here...probably two days. Which puts delivery on SATURDAY!!!!!

"Damn, honey. I'm really behind on coding up this new feature. I need to go in on Saturday for a few hours. Sorry, love!"

You think that will work???

It sounds better than my explanation that the voices need me to do something.

I stopped sending knives to my work because they always seem to arrive on a Saturday and our loading dock isn't open :(
I'm happier having the knife NOW and explaining it to my wife than having to wait through the weekend without it and then not telling her why I am frustrated :p She gets me, otherwise she wouldn't have married me :)

I can't wait. The only issue is I had it shipped to my work address. I live in the Seattle area and Survive is in Idaho. Mail doesn't take that long to get here...probably two days. Which puts delivery on SATURDAY!!!!!

"Damn, honey. I'm really behind on coding up this new feature. I need to go in on Saturday for a few hours. Sorry, love!"

You think that will work???

*Ifellonscissors dumps new gallon of milk down the drain* "sweetie, we're out of milk and I need to eat my Lucky Charms RIGHT NOW. Be right back!!!"
*front door slams shut and tires squeal out of the driveway*

Honey, the centrifugal injector turbine on the Toyota is burned out! Need to replace it. I'll be right back!

Got my shipping notice today!!!!

Ohhhhh Yeah!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Back