Did Leo find his Revenant?

Hahaha...been thinking of that title all day while I've been traipsing around in the woods and the snow. I mean, if I'm going to post pics of a Revenant, and can't get Leo to pose with it, I'll take brutal cold and snow cover as a solid second choice.

Temps dropping steadily right now. Lows of about 5 degrees tonight. Hoping the wind doesn't kick up. Almost reminds me of Montana cold. I said almost.

This thing is so bad ass. I search for excuses to carry this knife.

RLO Leather.

Still green stuff under that snow blanket.

Pocket dump.

Brother and sister.

It almost looks as if you have a rusted chain lanyard in that first pic.

I've not felt well today but I did make it to the front porch this morning. I think you can tell by the silhouette what I carried out with me.

5f1f6afaf78564f50965199db813d903.jpg

Awesome Pics Indeed !!, I have no Revenant [coming soon to my neighborhood] in hand yet to take pics of and certainly no snow. That said I just received my second "unnamed" baby Revenant only minutes ago. Pics tomorrow I'll try to do them justice but you guys sure do set the bar high!

Thanks, but these represent the best of about 100 attempts! Far more failures than successes.

Beautiful blades. Really liking Allen's direction with his new knives over the last year. Really cool stuff. That Osage Revenent is special

Yes indeed that Osage Revenant is a spectacular knife. :cool:
The handle wrap is a great touch but just a detail among others that come together perfectly. :thumbup:

Ray

I own one of Allen's big fighters, and make no mistake - it's a real beauty. It's a stunning knife, and maybe I'll get some pics side by side posted later today. But it's not a carry knife for me. I treasure it and display it...but it's never on my side.

This Revenant, well I carried it most of the hunting season. I can't count how many deer I probably missed seeing because I kept unsheathing this thing and messing around with it. Probably had a trophy buck walk by while I was taking pictures at some point.
The smaller "Unnamed" gets a ton of use, and carried pretty much daily.

Feel better Nathan! I'm just now getting over the crud - Peter was right, it took a solid two weeks.

I own one of Allen's big fighters, and make no mistake - it's a real beauty. It's a stunning knife, and maybe I'll get some pics side by side posted later today. But it's not a carry knife for me. I treasure it and display it...but it's never on my side.

This Revenant, well I carried it most of the hunting season. I can't count how many deer I probably missed seeing because I kept unsheathing this thing and messing around with it. Probably had a trophy buck walk by while I was taking pictures at some point.
The smaller "Unnamed" gets a ton of use, and carried pretty much daily.

Feel better Nathan! I'm just now getting over the crud - Peter was right, it took a solid two weeks.

That made me laugh :D. Yeah, how many times? That's why I gave up on Kydex sheaths in the woods - too noisy.

Ray

Ray, I'm actually serious. I missed an easy shot at a 6 point because I was playing with this knife. I happened to look over my right shoulder and there he was - 30 yards and in the open. By the time I set the knife down and shouldered my rifle he was into the thick brush...and gone.

Gotta wonder just how many walked by that I didn't see. Or how many watched me curiously as I took pics of my knives on various stumps and rocks when I was supposed to be hunting!

As promised, a few more pics. I had discovered though that it is very difficult to take a good picture after splitting wood for an hour, in sub freezing temperatures, when you can't feel your fingers, the sun is dropping fast, and you're trying to smoke the cigar you've dropped three times (yes, three times) into the snow.

The Fighter I mentioned, with the Revenant.

A Carl Rechsteiner Bowie on one side, and you know who on the other. Both are wrapped in Osage Orange. Love the contrast between these two...the newer Osage on the Revenant, and the aged wood on Carl's knife. I was eyeing that Bowie at my first Trackrock, and regretted not grabbing it. By luck I got it the second time around.

Thank You for that "extra effort" getting these shots completed and uploaded...Now go have some more hot chocolate with some of that fine Bourbon I know you have and relax!

Sadly my friend I was forced to give the fine bourbon up some time ago. I'm relegated to watching the activities from afar.

But there's plenty of hot chocolate. And cigars.

Sadly my friend I was forced to give the fine bourbon up some time ago. I'm relegated to watching the activities from afar.

But there's plenty of hot chocolate. And cigars.
I'm with you Brother and to that I shall light up a good cigar and offer up smoke in your name!

Great pics Tony! Love the Ironwood fighter, the Osage Bowie, and of course the Osage Revenant!

Just walking the property looking for things to hack at and places to take pics of this awesome knife. Love the Ironwood on this one and can't wait for his little brother in Osage to show up.

0f9d31f6ba0be0825ccff58c43f41b66.jpg

27c9c794f3c4668a63db63547fe7ade7.jpg

febcd022a453d2b57c8ad6065977dcc3.jpg

d2238438d4d0511564519d024eab495f.jpg

0f520bf09509a41d1b5e7f16db8771cc.jpg

Man, I gotta say, all these Revenant pics are really making me want one. Especially Tony's Osage beauty. [emoji16] At first they seemed more like "collectors " to me and these days I can't afford anymore safe queens. The Outlander aside of course [emoji12]. However, seeing the EDC model really has me thinking. Now I just have to wait for the right one.

Edit: About 15 minutes after I typed the above I checked IG and of course Allen posts an Osage EDC Revenant. [emoji23]

Last edited:
Back