Disassembly pics?

Not exactly sure what you are talking about but it looks like a D shape. Its got to go back in that way. Unless there is a different problem I'm not seeing. Lots of knives have that.
Right, that is the part I’m talking about. The D-shaped piece. For some reason it gets stuck when I try to put it back in. And i am aligning the piece to the cutout. I don’t know if you experienced that issue when reassembling yours.

Try leaving the pivot in the freezer for about 10 minutes. I had an SKS that the fit was so tight that I had to put some of the pins in the freezer before I could put it back together.

Try leaving the pivot in the freezer for about 10 minutes. I had an SKS that the fit was so tight that I had to put some of the pins in the freezer before I could put it back together.
Sounds odd, but at this point I’ll try anything.

Hi there,

How were you able to reassemble the pivot insert that is on the clip side of the knife? I took mine apart but I can’t seem to get it to back in.

If I understand you correctly, the pivot (circled) has a flat side that needs to mate with the flat spot on the lockbar scale (arrow). The flat sppot (key) on the scale is oriented not quite 6 o’clock (5:30-ish)

Reassemble from the show scale up.
Rear standoffs —> pivot —> stop pin —> large washers (phosphor bronze against blade) —> blade —> small washers.

When it’s time to drop on the clip-side scale, mate the flat spot of the pivot with the key in the scale then rotate the scale to align with the stop pin and standoffs. Alternatively, you can put the scales into alignment first, then rotate the pivot until it falls into the clip-scale key.

I hope that makes sense. Good luck.

BDC8D33E-8BA9-400F-A8DF-9E6CD7869199.jpeg

Ok, just catching up on intervening posts.

So the pivot won’t mate at all with the key in the scale? Even dry (without the blade and washers)?

Also, I don’t remember the washers being positioned 3:1. I’m going to go tear down my Drifter to check it out.

Last edited:
P Pndapuff Here’s a close up of the pivot. It needs to go through the show scale first. Because of the way it’s keyed, it wont go all the way through the lockbar scale. The screw goes in through the lock side.

Also, my washers are 2:2.

415D5225-2C36-42B4-B07E-169ED984D7A2.jpeg

A few more pics. Show scale:

C7949D06-B2BE-4EFE-8AB8-FCC7E6FC43D4.jpeg

Lock side:

F43EE1F1-C41E-49B0-B71D-624838C0D24F.jpeg
1BA15124-DD23-4750-835B-1AB182CB3020.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_2098_zpsay9vzibu.jpg

IMG_2099_zpsebrwlht1.jpg

IMG_1812_zpsccd08801.jpg

Great knife. Thin washers though. Seems like the overly radiused tang lockface will result in lockslip eventually like happened with the old striders. This is the HEST 2.0 and they claim they have eliminated the lockslip problem by having the lockbar lockface at an angle. Don’t know why they couldn’t just change the tang lockface.

I leave the black mark on the tang lockface which is the worn titanium from the lockbar face. This seems to prevent the lock from really wearing anymore. (A little trick, try it, it really works) However on some knives leaving too much black worn Ti on the tang lockface will cause lockslip, not so with this knife so hopefully that is a solution.

When I got the knife it had abit of lock creep so when you cut into something you could hear the lock moving slightly further in. Took the knife apart and bent the lockbar in a tiny bit more and that resolved the issue. Overall this is an amazing knife for the price if you work the bugs out. Has a very strideresque feel to it.

nm9zF7T.jpg

My buddy’s Tenatious was so jacked up, I insisted he let me give it a spa treatment.

Look closely. There are two things missing (the most important one I found—thank goodness!).

5EC60FF1-BA13-49AE-9FD3-AE7A76D39457.jpeg

Stop pin (found) and a scale screw (somehow vaporized to another dimention)
ETA found the screw 6 weeks later; somehow it made it into an open package of cleaning swaths...

Last edited:
P Pndapuff Here’s a close up of the pivot. It needs to go through the show scale first. Because of the way it’s keyed, it wont go all the way through the lockbar scale. The screw goes in through the lock side.

View attachment 983745

View attachment 983753

Lock side:

View attachment 983752
View attachment 983754
Nope, this thing won’t mate at all. I’ve tried with the blade and without. I have no clue what I am doing wrong, but I feel pretty damn dumb right now. So it won’t go in the full way correct? Mine goes maybe a third of the way in and jams up.

View attachment 983745

View attachment 983753

Lock side:

View attachment 983752
View attachment 983754
Well I have figured it out, while I’m too ashamed to say why it wasn’t working, your pictures helped me figure out my horrible mistake. But I’m sure you can guess my boneheaded mistake, lol Thank you!

Well I have figured it out, while I’m too ashamed to say why it wasn’t working, your pictures helped me figure out my horrible mistake. But I’m sure you can guess my boneheaded mistake, lol Thank you!
Oh come on! Do tell.

1365DD5C-E4FC-4BCF-A33B-59AB927B57D2.jpeg Here are pix of the 30yr. BCCI Anniversary knife. It is made out of Aluminum and has interchangeable handle slabs. The knife is held together permanently by a rivet rocker pivot. The T-nut that holds the blade is immobilized by an octagonal head which sits in an octagonal recess in the right handle. The tailpiece T-nuts are immobilized by slabs which key into D holes in the spring holder. Be sure to point the rocker down before reassembly.4327AFE1-412B-4707-961F-434897E03019.jpeg545612F7-F6A6-4634-8343-24CA9CB6E6CB.jpeg790E1F13-686A-4F23-9091-4AF9B6CF882F.jpegE9C5AAF6-C913-41D3-93EB-E2133B1F4150.jpeg

Back