Suggestion Dislike button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecha

Titanium Bladesmith
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Can we get a "Dislike" button added to the forum? I'm sure there's a toggle somewhere in the back room that enables a Dislike button.

Only having a Like button is unnatural. You can't have light without the dark, you can't know happiness without sorrow, etc. The forces of Yin and Yang that bind and spawn the universe as we know it, the opposing forces of Creation itself, demand that for a "Like" button there should also be a "Dislike" button. It's practically an affront to whatever Gods may be to not have a Dislike button. Blasphemous, even.

Without the negative, the meaning of the positive is diminished.

It's also rather infantile to have a Like button only, as if "disliking" something doesn't even exist. Sometimes things need to be disliked. Think of how much more dynamic the forum would be if it had a Dislike button to complement the Like button? There are plenty of sites with a downvote button next to their upvote one, and it works. I'll tell ya one thing, it would relieve a lot of the pressure that builds up to get some characters dragged into W&C. Think of it as a relief valve and mild social correction apparatus.

Thanks!

In on 1

If you don't like it don't click 'Like', or move on.
This.
No topic or opinion is going to be liked by every person. If the thread does not interest you, move on. If you hold a differing opinion. State your opinion of the topic, then move on.

We have enough drama without adding a "dislike" button into the mix.

This.
No topic or opinion is going to be liked by every person. If the thread does not interest you, move on. If you hold a differing opinion. State your opinion of the topic, then move on.

We have enough drama without adding a "dislike" button into the mix.

EXACTLY!!! I could do without the LIKE - rather have discussion - BUT a DISLIKE will, IMHO just lead to misunderstandings, polarization & drama. "Move on" - great advice.

Ray

A like button saves on clutter post of 1 word post of approval but doesn't stop a commentary of disapproval which should come with more background than simple dislike.

That's a valid point, but even a Like is overly basic. You might like only one comment in a longer post, an attached pic, etc, and the Like not even necessarily mean you like the whole post. I wouldn't care one way or the other if Spark gets rid of even the Likes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back