Do you have a Benchmade Mini Grip 556. (How do you like it)

Wonderful knife. I bought my first one three years ago and lost it, so I bought another one last year. A couple weeks ago I was cleaning my computer room and found a pair of jean shorts with my first mini grip still cliped to the pocket. Now I have one for each hand!

I have 3 now. (1) S30V, (1) M390, and (1) 154CM. They are my EDCs and see the pocket more than any other blade I have. They are compact, sturdy, smooth, ergonomic, light, and comfortable. I have also carried Para 2 (Love it just too big), Tenacious (Too big as well), ZT 0350 (best tactical folder I have just not a ken onion blade design fan...to high profile but still love this blade), American lawman (Pocket destroyer...grip is far too coarse), RAT1 (not bad for the money a little big and heavy), BM Barrage (too fat, grip is far but love the assisted opening...had a mini-barrage and didnt car for it...just too fat with a crap grip) and a HEST2 folder (that is a tank and just to big and heavy). The Mini-grips fit the pocket better, open the easiest, lock works extremely well and is solid, grip has just the right texture, jimping is perfect and the clip is solid and in the right place! Oh and the price is right! This is my ideal folder. Over 2 years searching for something else and nothing has beat it yet. Yes there are tougher options but honestly these knives get beat on! I put new edges on the m390 and the 154cm (better bevel) and they are now excellent! You just cant go wrong with one! My Para 2 has the best edge and it slices better but it isn't as easy to open our close as the mini, not to mention it has came open when pulling out of the pocket!!!!!!!! I like it but dont love it. I past on the delica once I handled one just not my cup of tea and so many here pushed it on me. I like thumb studs better than the eye hole. Just my opinion but I have given each knife over a month in the pocket to displace the champ and none have so far. You wont like the mini grip you will love it! I am ordering a Full Size Grip in x15t next. My fishing pocket knife!

I've also got a tanto mini grip. They're great little knives, pretty tough too especially the tanto model that has a slightly meatier grind. The handles feel kinda cheap, but they're perfectly usable.

I've had the 555 for about 5 years. Very solid knife. Although 154cm is not one of my favorite steels BM seems to haved done a great job wih the heattreatment.

Yup. Carrying mine right now. Good stuff.

The 340 Aphid makes a good companion to it.

D2 Mini Grip. One of my top three EDC choices. Pocket clip holds securely, and the knife never gets in my way. Axis lock is easy to use and secure. Some people doubt the mechanism because of the omega springs, but the springs don't takes any of the force applied to the blade; it is transferred through the stop pin to the grips.

Handle is well balanced between comfortable to use and easy to hold on to, although I've never had to use mine with wet, cold hands, or while dealing with lubricants, organic or otherwise.

Overall, I would recommend the mini-grip, with one qualification: Check out Doug Ritter's version. You may like it better.

I really like mine. The 556 feels solid in the hand, has a great blade shape, and the AXIS lock. Plus, there are a lot of handle and clip options.

i have the 556 and 557. both excellent knives for the money (and they are USA made!). also the strength of the axis lock is another reason why i went for them instead of delicas. they are my harduse edc. i dont really use them for anything else. i have other blades for defensive purposes, but those 2 are my primary utility knives.

556 is my top edc choice, bladehq will match your price, I got mine in 154cm for 65 plus free shipping

I have a 557 and 555.

I like them a lot.

About the same size in the Mini Barrage. (It's spring assisted.)

I usually have a member of the Barrage or Griptilian family (or one of each) in my pocket. I highly recommend a Mini Grip(s).

I have a 556 and like it much. I have small to medium sized hands and find the handle acceptable. If you have large hands, you might find the handle a bit smallish.

The minis are great knives. I got my first one about 6 years ago. I got one with serrations because the wife got it for me, and I didn't have the heart to return it for a plain blade. I don't care for serrations....
I carried that knife everyday for about 4 years. It had seen a lot of use, some of it not so gentle, and it still worked great. Just touch up the edge opnce in awhile, and put it back in pocket.

After edc'ing it for that long, I decided I wanted something different, and ended up selling it. I've always wanted another one, but just never did.

Well, yesterday the mailman showed up with my new one. It is a custom order from Benchmades website.
It has a plain edge, satin finished S30V blade. OD green scales, silver hardware and a polished arrowhead clip. As soon as I held it, I knew immediately why I liked the first one so much. I have big hands, but this knife is still a perfect fit.
Everyone should own at least one. I looked at the full size grips a couple years ago, and they didn't do anything for me. It was a completely different feel.
I think now I'm going to pick up a Ritter mini grip, and a D2 mini grip.

Just bought another mini grip.... thanks for getting my mind back on what a great blade it is. ;p

Back