Do you have a Benchmade Mini Grip 556. (How do you like it)

Simple Answer In Two Words: Get It.
It's A Great Little Knife. I Owned My First One It Was A BM556mdpsbk I HATE Serrations And Loved That Knife.
I Eventually Got Rid Of It And Kinda Wish I Didn't.
I Just Recently Got My BM550HG. I Love It!! I Have A Thing For Bigger Knives.
My Spyderco Para2 And My BM550HG Are A Team Now.
I Plan To Get A BM555 Just To Go With The 550.
Also Have An Orange BM Ritter Grip 552ORG On The Way From A Trade. Super Excited About It.

I can see you are wanting a mini pretty bad! Like mentioned they are a really good EDC knife. I'm not sure there are many "better" knives at this price (coupon codes at certain dealers make a HUGE difference) Replace the stock scales and caveats be damned!

cfminia.jpg

cfminid.jpg

cfminie.jpg

I have an M390 mini grip. It's probably my favorite sub 3" blade folder, tied with the Delica. Only complaint was the molded jimping crap around the handle but that was easily sanded smooth.
I have smaller hands (size 8 gloves) and the grip is perfect for me. It's a fast knife for everyday cut and go tasks but also comfortable during extended cutting.
You get a lot of cutting edge in it's compact size compared to something like the Delica.

It is a good knife. I have the 556 with 154cm steel and in yellow. It is recommended. I also picked up a Sequel. It is
a similar knife, but a little smaller with a slightly longer blade. The action is actually smoother on the 556.
The only thing I wouldn't use it for is fishing. I can't imagine mixing the Axis lock and fish guts. Cleaning it out would
be a chore. I'd prefer a lockback or even a liner lock for fishing. Of course, a fixed blade would be better for dealing with cleaning
a fish.

The mini-grip 556 is a knife every knife enthusiast should have in their collection, IMO. Perfect size and the axis lock works well.

Would you recommend it

Absolutely! Mini-grip has been in my edc for years now and will never leave. Its quick to deploy, great 154cm steel; awesome ergonomics even for such a small knife. Get one you wont regret it.

I can see you are wanting a mini pretty bad! Like mentioned they are a really good EDC knife. I'm not sure there are many "better" knives at this price (coupon codes at certain dealers make a HUGE difference) Replace the stock scales and caveats be damned!

cfminia.jpg

cfminid.jpg

cfminie.jpg

Very nice. I really like the scales

Back