• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Does Anybody Know DailyEDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to start any shit......BUT if it was me, I would have notified the seller if he'd like to sell me the knife HE is going to pay those fees.
Kills me when a seller asks for a buyer to pay HIS fees. Ugh. Nauseating. The fees are much closer to 3% also.
Sorry Krinsky.......hoping this turns out well for you my friend.
Joe

Not sure what this has to do with this thread, but with regards to NET pricing, I don't think it's possible to make a blanket statement about NET pricing being good or bad, without considering each individual case. If it's a good deal, then who cares if it's NET. If it's not as good of a deal, then NET just makes it even less attractive. I think what you meant to say was that you are annoyed with the fact our community uses an inconsistent practice for listing prices, and this thread was simply an opportunity to voice your frustration. Like some people ask for NET and some don't...which makes it confusing and easy to overlook for everyone. If everyone did it just one way, it would probably be better for everyone.

I had to get used to this idea at first as well, but you get used to it. NET pricing is used a lot, if not most of the time.

Nauseating is a strong word, maybe you should spearhead a community effort to change this confusing practice for the entire community? I definitely think it would benefit everyone.

that happens to me also. just entering the url results in the "database error" page.

sometimes I get "Invalid Redirect" and end up entering my info more than a half dozen times. usually I can eventually log in successfully but there have been a couple times where I had no luck for a whole day; I tried every few hours from early morning until just after 11pm with no luck.

For what it's worth, I know (of) DailyEDC aka Jeff. He was very active on the USN, buying and selling a ton of high end knives. I recall seeing one negative feedback about him but it was a long time ago and he seems to have done a ton of deals there without anyone calling foul so maybe all will be well. I think he is on IG also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for mention sir. With regards to that negative feedback on usn...it was totally uncalled for by the poster and all the evidence/proof is still there.

I remember thinking about addressing the complaint, but I'm a believer that the truth always comes out in the end so why waste my time....if you read the complaint, I'm pretty sure it's obvious that the poster was just taking his frustration out one me for changing my mind after I said I would buy his knife. What he should have done was just update the post and continue on with life. It's better that someone change their mind before the transaction happens, than after. In that case, I never sent the money, he never sent the knife...his problem was that there was no one else that wanted to buy the knife...otherwise, he wouldn't have been frustrated about anything. Thanks for reminding me about this, I should look into it but what a drain.

that happens to me also. just entering the url results in the "database error" page.

sometimes I get "Invalid Redirect" and end up entering my info more than a half dozen times. usually I can eventually log in successfully but there have been a couple times where I had no luck for a whole day; I tried every few hours from early morning until just after 11pm with no luck.

same here...i've had it happen for even longer periods, like multiple days....i wonder what the issue is...maybe the site isn't profitable enough to eliminate the problem entirely. Luckily, this site has been around long enough that it probably doesn't lose users even if the site goes down.

same here...i've had it happen for even longer periods, like multiple days....i wonder what the issue is...maybe the site isn't profitable enough to eliminate the problem entirely. Luckily, this site has been around long enough that it probably doesn't lose users even if the site goes down.

If your having a lot of problem with it, you might want to start a Tech sub forum thread. They had one at one time then it cleared up(at least for me) and has restarted to a lesser degree(again-at least for me). At one time it seemed like around 12 each night it would happen. I used it as my sign off signal :). The site has also come under attach at least once this year, and they have had some upgrade down time. I am tech challenged so I can't criticize anyone else.

It turned out that DailyEDC is a man of his word and only had experienced some computer issues which prevented him from moving forward with the transaction. I have received the knife, it was exactly as described and all is good in the world. Thank you Again, Jeff (DailyEDC)

It turned out that DailyEDC is a man of his word and only had experienced some computer issues which prevented him from moving forward with the transaction. I have received the knife, it was exactly as described and all is good in the world. Thank you Again, Jeff (DailyEDC)

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for mention sir. With regards to that negative feedback on usn...it was totally uncalled for by the poster and all the evidence/proof is still there.

I remember thinking about addressing the complaint, but I'm a believer that the truth always comes out in the end so why waste my time....if you read the complaint, I'm pretty sure it's obvious that the poster was just taking his frustration out one me for changing my mind after I said I would buy his knife. What he should have done was just update the post and continue on with life. It's better that someone change their mind before the transaction happens, than after. In that case, I never sent the money, he never sent the knife...his problem was that there was no one else that wanted to buy the knife...otherwise, he wouldn't have been frustrated about anything. Thanks for reminding me about this, I should look into it but what a drain.

Welcome. I don't recall the circumstances, my point was more that you had done many deals on USN without issue so wanted to reassure OP that this was likely not some kind of scam as folks were concerned about. Glad all worked out.

Almost identical situation to the OP here...while its only been 3days for me, I have the same fear you did. I believe that the lack of communication is extremely frustrating and a piss poor way to do things. Once you have someones money, you don't vanish, you should see that transaction through to the end and communicate...you owe it to the buyer. I know its possible because I do it every damn time.

Almost identical situation to the OP here...while its only been 3days for me, I have the same fear you did. I believe that the lack of communication is extremely frustrating and a piss poor way to do things. Once you have someones money, you don't vanish, you should see that transaction through to the end and communicate...you owe it to the buyer. I know its possible because I do it every damn time.

I recently bought a knife from Daily EDC, things were very smooth with no problems at all.
I understand that 3 days might raise some concerns to some, nontheless it started by a weekend, and life happens I guess.
I'm pretty sure that he will contact you with a tracking number any time now.

I agree with you completely and I act this way when I am the seller. I do find however that a lot of sellers don't communicate after payment. I send payment and 4 or 5 days later I receive a package. When I am the seller I notify a buyer when I ship a package and ask them to let me know when it arrives and that everything is OK. I rarely hear anything from the buyer.

Glad the transaction worked out for the OP.

I agree with you completely and I act this way when I am the seller. I do find however that a lot of sellers don't communicate after payment. I send payment and 4 or 5 days later I receive a package. When I am the seller I notify a buyer when I ship a package and ask them to let me know when it arrives and that everything is OK. I rarely hear anything from the buyer.

Glad the transaction worked out for the OP.

Agreed BD. I have only purchased on the Exchange. After the I'll take it, I PM and email a request for PP info. I will then notify the seller of payment and thanks. When the knife arrives I will check it out and I will notify the seller. I will then leave feedback and let seller know.
Every single time.
You'd be amazed how many sellers never responded. A few never left feedback.
When dealing on the Exchange the single MOST important part is communication from both parties. Not only is it important, it's common courtesy.
Rant over. Stuck in horrible traffic, total standstill, total boredom so I got long winded!!
Joe

Guys. I paid him the minute he gave me PayPal info. He then fired back with, I need more $. I didn't care because I want the knife so badly. He then sends a photo of a different knife in the sale thread telling me it's ready to ship. I respond with "wrong knife". I've been trying to communicate for days about sending the correct knife that I paid for and then paid some more. He has responded today to me personally and on here, still hasn't answered my questions or concern. Saturday he shot of with a "hey man, give me a minute, I'm on the road." Ok, I get that. But days man?! The same Saturday he was giving out PayPal info for the nyala. Come on. Answer the questions being asked, respond when you're in possession of someone's money. To me it's about respect, if you're not answering direct questions days later...I have a problem. I searched Daily, and here we are. The OP may have received his knife in the end, but wtf in between? I'm interested to hear his response on the sales thread. At this moment still no answers.

So Daily calls me up, tries to explain things. At this point I have a sense of what type of person im dealing with. Bro, you cant bullshit one who mastered it when he was younger. I smell your thought pattern and watch you squirm and reach for the next "honest mistake" excuse. He starts in with his story, "my internet" which I promptly interrupt to ask him the same question ive been asking for days. "Am I getting the knife I paid for, the DB-L." He goes silent (reaching). He says something to the effect of, "I don't know, its a difficult answer, ummm l need to....." I cut that off and told him to refund me. Daily, what you need to do is simma down with all the hot humid air you blow, learn how to conduct yourself in a trade/purchase/sale. I have requested a refund thru paypal.

Last edited:
Unbelievable brother. Just unbelievable. Asking you for more cash AFTER you paid him what he asked??
Let a mod know what happened to you. Hopefully we won't see this guy here anymore.
Really glad you used G&S.
Joe

palonej- It is unbelievable. Ive been on this site for awhile and never had anything close to this experience. This place is FULL of great people, many of which have found their way into my phones contact list. Never have I wished that someone lived closer to me, unless it was a cute girl or something. I like this place, I like that there is a sense of "treat people right", "do the right thing", "give more than expected". In my opinion, Daily doesn't understand this yet. Its a knife community, a brotherhood that operates with respect (in most cases). It pisses me off when someone comes along that goes against that grain.

Couldn't agree more my friend!! I speak with a few members that have become friends........great friends that would do just about anything for you.
Then we come across this shit.
I also love the thread from Engrish. Really??
Still hoping you get squared away here, then welcome him to IGNORE!!
Joe

This morning I received notification of a Paypal refund from DailyEDC. Last night I did a little more digging on Daily, basically, because when you mess with money or family, I learn about you. From what I can tell, this type of situation is not uncommon for Daily. I read one response from Daily to Dr.Buzzkill that blew my mind. Daily basically served Dr. Buzzkill with a similar situation, then tried to tell him how to collect knives and tried to school him for being impatient. Dr. Buzzkill, I respect the way you handled that.
The waiting room in my head is a small one, I say what I feel. While I feel out of place for going after this guy, I don't feel wrong about it. The level of nonchalant disrespect was too much. I apologize to the stand up members of this forum for going hard on this situation, but like I said, family and money are to no fly zones for bs. Daily, I hope you figure it out, but you had it coming. Especially the phone call, you earned all of that. You just ran into someone that values respect, honesty and integrity more than a badly wanted knife. If it pleases the mods, I would request that the negative feedback I sent for Daily remain. There is pattern with this guy, I believe I went far enough down the buyer road to qualify to leave said feedback.

How folks deal with others and handle communication says a lot about them. There are a number of people I will never deal with -- not because I think they will fail to deliver, but because their attitude, communication, and demeanor sucks. Lesson learned here. Perhaps Daily will address this. Glad it was resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back