Does anyone know a story of this damaged Busse SAR 4?

Well I enjoyed this .... for me we now have two series of destructive tests with Noz and now our Russian friends who show once and for all the merits and strength of the Heat Treatment and Cyrogenic Stress Relieving that Busse employ in their knife making process.

It also shows how these methods are working when good quality heat treatments from other providers on steels such as CPM3V are still leaving stress in the blade causing the fracture and failure.

I'm not saying their is anything wrong with the CPM3V HT .... Paul Bos does a great treatment .... but the advantage of the stress relieving in the Busse set up can be seen in the results .... the impact depth on these blades is also less and this has to be attributed to the uniform structure of the steel and it's ability to absorb impact.

These attributes also have evidence from other respected sources .... some time ago Jerry gave a very respected Forge knifemaker some Infi to see how it worked in forge making as opposed to stock removal .... one of the comments made by this forgemaster was that when testing the steel with a Rockwell Pin Tester which impacts the steel and measures depth to determine hardness ... in most steels under a microscope you can see the cracks from the pin around the indentation ..... his view was that with Infi it seemed to simply absorb the impact without any residual cracks showing.

Essentially showing the same form of performance as shown here .... and making the bona fide aspect of Infi being a market leader steel for hard use clear and not a lot of marketing "hype" as is said many times ....

The Infi test with the knife forger I will have to hunt out .... his name begins with a "Z" ... I am sure someone will be able to chip in and confirm .... but it makes me feel quite convinced that for my large knife blades which will connect with stones or nails in wood through chopping .... that I am using the best steel for the task .... I am sure many will also feel this .... and what's more .... these guys are having fun .... which they are entitled to do .... and passing on some insight for the rest of us. They're fine by me ....:thumbup:

+1 :thumbup: well said

Any one at the Busse shop play a bugle?

May need to blow a few notes whenever a Moscow shipping label is placed on an out going knife box!

NOW I KNOW I HATE YOU!!! GIVE ME THAT TALISKER YOU DANG RUSSIAN. NO WONDER I CAN'T FIND ANY AT THE LOCAL STORES.
:D

Nice job in fixing that busse up. Not sure why anyone would actually use a Busse, we all know that are just for lookin at.

carparts004.jpg

get-attachmentaspx.jpg

bouncy.gif

STOP IT STOP IT!!!!

TEABAGS_Combined_Pix.jpg

GIVE ME THAT TALISKER

This whisky was pleasant for me less than the others. May be because it was the last and I felt it very strong?))
I must test it one more time))
So, I think next tests will be interesting with some xclusive knife by my side ;)

I can not get what you mean). Are you saying that it was possible to repair those knife, but the guy did not his work bad? or you are saying that after those damages only salvage possible?

ps Mr Kouckin only repaired Busse from the other test, not those knifes.

I'm not saying the person(s) that did the refinishing (salvaging) did a bad job. I'm saying the damage to the knives was very extensive and that they couldn't be restored close to original, rather they could only be salvaged into something less useable than they were originally.

Well, It is my first attempt at serrations.

Did not turn out as well as expected....that is all.

Next time it will be awesome.

On a side note, my attempt at making a folder did not turn out so well either.

IMG_3380.jpg

some one seriously jacked that one up.

Why do I suspect some one posted that pic, and said........look how much better my XXXXX brand knife is. Did all this damage without out hurting the other XXXXXbrand knives edge.

A while ago, some dude posted some pics of chopped up cinderblocks. He then showed a Busse with some edge damage. Then he posted a pic of another brand knife (I think a randal) with a pristine edge, and said......This knife chopped all these other cinderblocks without suffering a single scratch. (the photo was an unused looking Randal).

Of course, he posted no actual pictures or video's of the chopping.

Who knows, maybe some one got in a sword vs knife fight with a ninja!

be careful when you say stuff like that (the part in red) the test was fair and the minor chips that took the Randall are perfectly explicable when you understand the differencies in the edge geometry a Randall 14 and a Busse sarsquatch have and the differencies the 440B and INFI have.

you are saying that the person who did that test was a liar, and it's an heavy accuse. I know that person (Marsus) personally. he is not a liar at all and never talked bad about Busse, he simply demonstrated that Busse are not the ONLY good blades in the world.

that was the point of his test. I wasn't a direct witness to the test but talked to some guys who were and everything he wrote was true.

in Italian I'd be able to explain better.... using english it's hard for me to explain the reasons of the test results.

btw, the test you are talking about is this one:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=645414&highlight=randall

and the Randall he used for the test is a Randall 14 in 440b form the '80 and he used that same knife a LOT of times in the past to cut wood, and during hunting sessions. that Randall is extremely far from new ;)

ralking about the sar 4 of the test... great work guys ;) I did a edge to edge knife test the past year. Busse won there too:thumbup:

this is the point- entertainment :)

Entertaining it is! Reading all the derogatory comments, because your abusing your own personal property. Abusing a knife that was, well, uh, meant to be abused. This thread is much better than reality TV,,, :D

YOWZA!!!!!!!!

Jerry

these abusing tests make BUSSE shining , and means lots of money , right?
these are positive feedbacks , really cool. big boss i like you guys and your porducts. :D

i do not understand why there are some people hate abusing or destructive tests to busse knives , almost all the results are postive , please take it easy ,there is no harm to the market or the someone related.

cold steel company promoted products with all there hard working make lots of vids to let people know , that they sell good goods ,but busse is not the same , lots of good feedbacks come from independent testers(like noss , cliff stamp and Russain guys here )and clients , this kind of promoting driven by users is good and more reliable.

again , Russain guys , i like your tests , thank you for letting us know some hiden aspacts of busse knives ,really cool. good job , well done.

dingy

ps: azzkikr_rus , man , can you mail me these pics ? i can not see here , thanks .
my e-mail is dingyu1980@hotmail.com

Last edited:
I think it's cool if he wants to do this to his own knife. If anything it proves the superiority of INFI.

Besides that I welcome our Russian friends, they are clearly Busse enthusiasts and I think that their continued presence on the forum would be great.

Insulting other members will not be tolerated in any language on this forum... :thumbdn:

Also... Those who quote another's insult in their post for the purpose of agreeing with it may very well find themselves wearing the same infraction as the original poster of an insult...so from now on, please think before you post.

We may not always agree with what others choose to do with their knives but it is their right and their knives, so when this happens, the best course of action is to just leave the thread rather than posting insulting remarks in it.

Please remain civil to each other. Thank you.

Carry on, Porkers! :)

Hardly an insult, more of a ……..diagnosis, based on the symptoms manifested….

They are just playing all the gullible here, as the name of the thread, where this “test” was originally posted, called “Tests by Wankers” (Мудацкие тесты).
Not sure why, mods here have such a hard time distinguishing knowledgeable knife enthusiasts from emotionally deprived imbeciles.

By the way, I did not see a single reply where a poster concerned himself with what those fellas did to their knives…just shared an observation of a feebly inhibited behavior.

PS.

Trying very hard not to get another infraction here…

Last edited:
Good on ya. Now i know how good my SAR4 is.
But it is off getting a major custom make over.
When it gets back it prob only cut Deer & paper. lol

I'm not saying the person(s) that did the refinishing (salvaging) did a bad job. I'm saying the damage to the knives was very extensive and that they couldn't be restored close to original, rather they could only be salvaged into something less useable than they were originally.

I believe that is true, however let's call it custom.))))

Entertaining it is! Reading all the derogatory comments, because your abusing your own personal property. Abusing a knife that was, well, uh, meant to be abused. This thread is much better than reality TV,,, :D

Thank you). It is like Jerry Springer show?! :D

Back