Dog loss soon

You, Butterscotch, and the rest of your family are in our prayers. This is one of the hardest, yet most loving, things you'll ever do. You're putting Butterscotch and what she needs above any other consideration. That's real love in action. Isaiah 41:13 says "For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Vaya con Dios, mi amigo.

Words are hard to come by when you have lost such a friend. I am just so sorry ...

180b.jpg

I'm so sorry. This is the tragedy of being a dog owner. A dog's life is so short because it loves so hard.

Just take some comfort in the fact that you gave Butterscotch a good life and were very loved in return.

if dolphins are angels of the sea.,
then dogs are angels on land...
they give their very all
asking only for your attention
,,, yeah, and whatever you''re eating :)
its hard to loose a loyal friend and protector.
but if i know the mission of angeis,
they are always looking out especially for you
as long as you believe that in the mission of angels
they will never seem to have ever left our side...
so be strong for now,
for when you'r heart is healed and ready
for faith restored to raise another angel
life is short but make it sweet
to fulfill your days with love snd affection

Just had to put my best buddy to sleep this morning. He was suffering from a degenerative neurological disorder. We were able to get a veterinarian to come by the house and administer his final medications. Knowing he was only getting worse as time passed is small consolation. I've been through this before and I always try to prepare myself for this day, but it's always a kick in the nuts.
IMG-5999.jpg

It was a good long ride, Ace. I'll see you soon...

Just had to put my best buddy to sleep this morning. He was suffering from a degenerative neurological disorder. We were able to get a veterinarian to come by the house and administer his final medications. Knowing he was only getting worse as time passed is small consolation. I've been through this before and I always try to prepare myself for this day, but it's always a kick in the nuts.
IMG-5999.jpg

It was a good long ride, Ace. I'll see you soon...

What a beautiful creature of God. I am so sorry you are going through this, and hope you and your family have comfort that he is at rest now. Definately one of the worst days of life, but know in the future it will get better. Until you both meet again, know he is everywhere around you still.

Oh man, I am really really sorry about your dog. I know how heartbreaking it is, my family and I had to put down two of our dogs.
“A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.”– Josh Billings (humorist)

It’s strange that this thread just popped back up for me....

I wanna give my condolences to those in this thread that recently lost a pet. I feel for you all, as we just had to put our dog Cyan down 2 weeks ago.

Her dementia had gotten really bad, to the point that she just wasn’t really ‘there’ most of the time. She also was no longer able to walk for more than about a hundred yards without just being totally exhausted. And over the last months she slowly started losing control of her bladder, and in the end, was just soiling herself completely in her sleep. Her quality of life was just not there anymore.

We were lucky enough to find a mobile vet who would come to the house to help us let her go. She was in her own home, comfortable in her own bed, and surrounded by her pack who she loved when she passed in my arms. I will forever be grateful for services like this, as our girl was extremely fearful at the vet, and we wanted her last moments to be of comfort and love.

We spread her ashes in some of her favorite hiking spots, and the remainder will be spread under a tree at our house.

So long Cy, I know we’ll meet again in our next life.

dCul4U9.jpg

Cinbq5N.jpg

It’s strange that this thread just popped back up for me....

I wanna give my condolences to those in this thread that recently lost a pet. I feel for you all, as we just had to put our dog Cyan down 2 weeks ago.

Her dementia had gotten really bad, to the point that she just wasn’t really ‘there’ most of the time. She also was no longer able to walk for more than about a hundred yards without just being totally exhausted. And over the last months she slowly started losing control of her bladder, and in the end, was just soiling herself completely in her sleep. Her quality of life was just not there anymore.

We were lucky enough to find a mobile vet who would come to the house to help us let her go. She was in her own home, comfortable in her own bed, and surrounded by her pack who she loved when she passed in my arms. I will forever be grateful for services like this, as our girl was extremely fearful at the vet, and we wanted her last moments to be of comfort and love.

We spread her ashes in some of her favorite hiking spots, and the remainder will be spread under a tree at our house.

So long Cy, I know we’ll meet again in our next life.

dCul4U9.jpg

Cinbq5N.jpg

Its weird when I made the thread I didn't expect it to start to be a place to commiserate and celebrate with each other the time spent with our loved puppies.

I'm sorry for your loss J jaseman your Cy will always be with you. This is the hardest thing most of us have to do, but be glad she graced you with her life and spirit. You had to do right by her. So many people helped me here through healing, hoping you and your family have peace.

Saddest thing in my life was loosing my dog. I had him since I was a kid and we found it on the street. He was with us for 15 years and I was thinking of getting a new dog but I still can't.

I had to put down my fourth and last cat last year due to total kidney failure. I almost took my own life. It's not that I couldn't deal with her passing, I've gone through it three times before and all four of my cats were rescue cats I've had since they were kittens.

But it came at a very bad time. I was working as an animal rescuer then and had been for about five years, and I was about to embark on a career change. Too much trauma in this line of work and I just had to take a good long break.

I think that's why this fourth cat's passing hit me harder than the previous three. I was also all alone because my entire family was on holiday. I ended my night shift, drove to the vet clinic in a mad rush to see my cat one final time (she was hospitalized since the night before) and to have her put down.

Sadly she was comatose by then so it only makes it worse that (1) she passed in an unfamiliar place and not at home, and (2) she didn't see me one last time. Or any of us for that matter. I think only my third cat was fortunate enough to pass away peacefully at home.

And when my family came home, I was so bitter I barely spoke to them for a day or so. And I don't think we're over it yet. We haven't had another cat since, although my dad's getting a bit obsessed with corgi butts.

hope teh pain of the loss will be not that hard as the time passes away really quickly, sorry for your loss, he's definitely at peace watching you and still loving you with ever part of his part:(:(

I had to put down my fourth and last cat last year due to total kidney failure. I almost took my own life. It's not that I couldn't deal with her passing, I've gone through it three times before and all four of my cats were rescue cats I've had since they were kittens.

But it came at a very bad time. I was working as an animal rescuer then and had been for about five years, and I was about to embark on a career change. Too much trauma in this line of work and I just had to take a good long break.

I think that's why this fourth cat's passing hit me harder than the previous three. I was also all alone because my entire family was on holiday. I ended my night shift, drove to the vet clinic in a mad rush to see my cat one final time (she was hospitalized since the night before) and to have her put down.

Sadly she was comatose by then so it only makes it worse that (1) she passed in an unfamiliar place and not at home, and (2) she didn't see me one last time. Or any of us for that matter. I think only my third cat was fortunate enough to pass away peacefully at home.

And when my family came home, I was so bitter I barely spoke to them for a day or so. And I don't think we're over it yet. We haven't had another cat since, although my dad's getting a bit obsessed with corgi butts.

Sorry man to hear this, I hope you feel healing and support in prayers sent your way friend. Know that they are not in pain, and its us that are left to grieve.

Back