DPxgear.com update....

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just a quick concept I designed to show the ESEE folks how to make a folder out of the Izula (the blade guard is missing). and retain the basic product attributes. The DPx HEAT program are smaller EDC knives (Hostile Environment At-hand Knives) designed for urban and lower profile applications. You will also see some cool tools in this range.

Just a note on concepts and protos. Its important that DPx Gear is actually tested and used in hostile environments so there is along production time before finalized products. For example the HEAT will have a special G10 and carbon fiber laminated scale and 3 D work. I haven't decided to go with a Sliepner (http://www.ramada.pt/acos/pdf/pdf/Sleipner.pdf) or a high end stainless. I will probably go with the Sliepner on the first run with a TiCN coating along with the anodized stone wash frame. Either way its a work in progress based on actual use in the field.

Will the LE be available in a sterile version? I'm loving the low profile look of the all black LE (it's absolutely stunning in fact) but the HEFT on the pocket clip kinda ruins it for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
When it comes to the HEAT I am still playing with ideas. This knife springs from the sick mind of Tom Novak and I brutalized him into a more DPx look. But unlike the grim killing feel of the HEST the HEAT must learn to socialize in polite company. We might do a bunch of treatments to keep EVERYONE happy. (What a friggin concept) Sort of a personalized, mix and match HEAT fest.

That way you could keep your HEST for the serious 9- 5 work and get your personalized HEAT on for those off hours slashfests. Personally I like sterile but lots of people like to pimp a brand because it says pretty much all you need to say. Don't you get tired of dudes saying."Hey nice blade...is that a ____ (insert lame skateboarder brand)

When it comes to the HEAT I am still playing with ideas. This knife springs from the sick mind of Tom Novak and I brutalized him into a more DPx look. But unlike the grim killing feel of the HEST the HEAT must learn to socialize in polite company.
- Can we hope for a 2.5" blade or smaller for the HEAT? Not just for fitting in with polite company, but also places with ridiculous blade limits?

I feel your pain. I was pimping a 6 inch automatic toothpick today. Feeling generally criminal. Tokerblue what state has reduced you to minime size? We are doing other folders and are looking at gentleman's blades and micro blades. Tell me more about what you are looking for?

- Can we hope for a 2.5" blade or smaller for the HEAT? Not just for fitting in with polite company, but also places with ridiculous blade limits?

Tom stated a 2.3" cutting edge which would look to make the total blade length right around 2.5". Please correct me if I'm wrong RYP. Personally, I would love another 1/4" to 1/2" on the blade length of this sucker, but it does look pretty nice as is. ;)

Last edited:
When it comes to the HEAT I am still playing with ideas. This knife springs from the sick mind of Tom Novak and I brutalized him into a more DPx look. But unlike the grim killing feel of the HEST the HEAT must learn to socialize in polite company. We might do a bunch of treatments to keep EVERYONE happy. (What a friggin concept) Sort of a personalized, mix and match HEAT fest.

That way you could keep your HEST for the serious 9- 5 work and get your personalized HEAT on for those off hours slashfests. Personally I like sterile but lots of people like to pimp a brand because it says pretty much all you need to say. Don't you get tired of dudes saying."Hey nice blade...is that a ____ (insert lame skateboarder brand)

Sounds great! :thumbup:

I feel your pain. I was pimping a 6 inch automatic toothpick today. Feeling generally criminal. Tokerblue what state has reduced you to minime size? We are doing other folders and are looking at gentleman's blades and micro blades. Tell me more about what you are looking for?
I live in Connecticut, so I can carry any folder up to 4".

Unfortunately, Massachusetts isn't so lenient. Allowable knife lengths actually differ by town, with the shortest being 2.5" in major cities like Boston. I'm not completely familiar with NY laws, but I would think they would be the same. IMO, a 2.5" HEAT would be ideal. The HEAT looks like it would be a perfect knife for those states when visiting or traveling.

I don't know if I'm alone, but is there anyone else out there that would prefer a 2.75" HEAT or HEST type of folder? I have a feeling that the way that legislation is going, the previous 3" limit is going to be a thing of the past in restrictive states.

Last edited:
I live in Connecticut, so I can carry any folder up to 4".

Unfortunately, Massachusetts isn't so lenient. Allowable knife lengths actually differ by town, with the shortest being 2.5" in major cities like Boston. I'm not completely familiar with NY laws, but I would think they would be the same. IMO, a 2.5" HEAT would be ideal. The HEAT looks like it would be a perfect knife for those states when visiting or traveling.

I don't know if I'm alone, but is there anyone else out there that would prefer a 2.75" HEAT or HEST type of folder? I have a feeling that the way that legislation is going, the previous 3" limit is going to be a thing of the past in restrictive states.

How does the saying go, "everything's illegal in Massachusetts.":D

This is a good discussion. I have to admit when I go to Burma or Afghanistan. I don't measure the blade length of my folder but look for a blade appropriate to the situation.

The HEST is 3" blade with a lot of thickness and hard cutting. The HEAT is a less aggro and more polite. The HEFT series is going to be designed for some serious cutting, stabbing and chopping and probably illegal in every state as an EDC )) When you see the HEFT dagger you are going to say..."damn"...

In any case we have three knives at or below the HEST in blade length

DPx HEST Fixed
DPx HEST N/Ferrous
a surprise DPx HEST
DPx HEAT folder
A gentleman's folder (under wraps)
A micro folder
A multi tool slash pliers
A unique necker
and a "non knife" knife tool for those third world airports where everything pretty is considered military

We also some military applications for the above.

Wow!!! Some good stuff is coming; can't wait for more releases.

This is a good discussion. I have to admit when I go to Burma or Afghanistan. I don't measure the blade length of my folder but look for a blade appropriate to the situation.

The HEST is 3" blade with a lot of thickness and hard cutting. The HEAT is a less aggro and more polite. The HEFT series is going to be designed for some serious cutting, stabbing and chopping and probably illegal in every state as an EDC )) When you see the HEFT dagger you are going to say..."damn"...

DPx HEST Fixed
DPx HEST N/Ferrous
a surprise DPx HEST
DPx HEAT folder
A micro folder
A unique necker
and a "non knife" knife tool for those third world airports where everything pretty is considered military

Looks like DPx is going full throttle out the gate.

The surprise HEST raises the curiosity. I think I heard something about a LE Whiner Edition with a rainbow fleck sparkle powder coat and bedazzled scales.

Ooops, guess the beans have been spilled. :D

yes that is the DPx Princess edition. Haven't made up my mind if we should do a matching DPx Emo version

DPx HEST Fixed
DPx HEST N/Ferrous
a surprise DPx HEST
DPx HEAT folder
A micro folder
A unique necker

Wow!!! Now all of us in the tribe are going to be salivating at that list and wondering what each of those is going to look like and count down till we can get it! I really can't wait for your multi-tool, I remember hearing about that from Jeff back on the ESEE forum around last summer sometime. A gentleman's folder?!?!?!:eek::D This I gotta see!

"gentleman" is a relative term when you talk about this crowd :))

I love the look of the beadblasted folder. I already ordered the limited edition. Now I have to save up for it. Wife is going to be pissed or maybe I'll get rid of her and get the knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back