Dragonfly 2 - FRN or G10?

Flip a coin. I have a G-10 one and I like it a lot. I also an FRN on in ZDP-189 and I like it too, but maybe because of the steel. Either one will serve you well.

start off with FRN and if you like the knife, upgrade to g-10.

g-10 feels strong and durable but frn is sufficient. weight wise, how light does a knife have to be ???

we're talking about 2 ounces here. one could argue that the frn version is a little too light and gives it a cheaper feel.

Last edited:
It's hard to say IMHO. I love FRN and feel it gives more than adequate service, especially given the slightly lower price. Also it's a bit lighter so that's a plus for what it's worth. FRN does feel kinda cheesy at first, however I warmed up to it rather quickly.

The dragonfly is one of very few knives that I actually prefer with frn over the g10 version.

Good Choice! Try the ZDP189 one. I carry mine in my back pack. It holds a great edge.

A Dragonfly "Taichung produced" would take it to new heights...otherwise I am quite satisfied with the g-10 AND the frn.

I second the ZDP-189. It's the perfect steel for the smaller lighter use knife. The edge retention is grand. Also the British Racing Green is a cool color as well.

The Dragonfly 2 is the perfect EDC. I like the plain FRN version for cost. ZDP-189 is good, but I don't prefer it over VG-10 in that knife. I never use my ZDP Delica due to it being to chippy at 30* inclusive and I don't have the patience to mess with it anymore.

Back