Drop Forged Knives

God I love these knives, I'm going to put the surivalist through its paces when the snow thaws.

Was just thinking I'd really like to see a Kirpan about the size of the boot knife with a nice finger locking handle

God I love these knives, I'm going to put the surivalist through its paces when the snow thaws.

Was just thinking I'd really like to see a Kirpan about the size of the boot knife with a nice finger locking handle
For the "saint soldier" ? ;)

They just happen to be really sikh :cool:Honestly, the sheath for the boot knife was poking me, Kirpan looks like it would be comfier to carry at waist height, but a Karambit wouldn't be bad either:D

A drop forged karambit, kirpan, or corvo would look really good in my collection

Nevermind the other possibilities...:cool::D

I would buy one.. they can't go wrong with these knives. It would be nice to see it with an ulti clip and belt loop

What I'd like to see, and I told them at the factory last week, is a dive knife in this series. Prying tip, one side straight, the other serrated, with a stiff sheath. I'd buy one for every abalone hunter I know. +

What I'd like to see, and I told them at the factory last week, is a dive knife in this series. Prying tip, one side straight, the other serrated, with a stiff sheath. I'd buy one for every abalone hunter I know. +
Maybe not the most corrosion resistant steel for the purpose ?:confused: Would be plenty strong though .
http://www.pacamor.com/blog/57_blog.php

Last edited:
Cold Steel's President Lynn C Thompson proclaimed that the Drop Forged Bowie is one of the best minimalist Bowie-style knives he had ever held. Inspired by a blade in Lynn’s private collection (made by an Arkansas-based custom knife maker) the Drop Forged Bowie is one of the smallest bowie style fixed blades Cold Steel has ever produced. It features a stiff, sharp 6.75” clip point blade, sturdy guard and a very comfortable drop-style handle – all drop forged from one solid piece of heat treated steel! Lynn went on to say: “This is everything you could want in a mini bowie, and it’s fast as can be! I love this knife!” The Drop Forged Bowie is sold complete with a versatile and secure Secure-Ex sheath, allowing for a wide range of carry options

Is anybody besides me curious just who this Arkansas-based custom knife maker might be? I think it's Jerry Fisk.

Maybe not the most corrosion resistant steel for the purpose ?

It doesn't have to be. Use their new displaced carbon finish and it's almost impossible to scratch, and normal maintenance would see to the rest. Even stainless rusts in saltwater, maintenance is key.

It doesn't have to be. Use their new displaced carbon finish and it's almost impossible to scratch, and normal maintenance would see to the rest. Even stainless rusts in saltwater, maintenance is key.
I'm not familiar with the "their new displaced carbon finish" :confused:??? Is that the DLC ?

The only drop forged I own as yet is the Bowie model , which has a easy to scratch finish . I'm fairly old school on maintenance and love a patina , but still for constant exposure to salt water , I would personally prefer something like H1 if possible . YMMV ;)

Drop forged boot knife should be in some kind of stainless,and drop forged double edge karambit would be awesome too,along with double edge persian style knife-dagger.All in all good knife for price with nice geometry and tip for intended purpose.

Drop forged boot knife should be in some kind of stainless,and drop forged double edge karambit would be awesome too,along with double edge persian style knife-dagger.All in all good knife for price with nice geometry and tip for intended purpose.
I dont have those and cant say, which is best for those but have the DF Hunter in carbon and am happy with that choice of steel for that particular knife.

Back