Dude! I Pimped My KLVUK!

Make a step by step guide so we can all make our KLUVKS or future KLUVKS as amazing/beautiful as yours. :p

Man!!! Why didnt I think of that? I do have moccasins already! They are hand crafted as well. Someone that wraps leather around your feet is still a Sarki?
Send em to Pugs along with an outline of your feet. Maybe he could make ya some moccasins or something. I don't even know my feet are there but they hurt just looking at that last picture.
Standing in a sliver factory.

Thanks Jens! I think Its time to hand this project over to someone gifted in another way:thumbup: Ill keep yall updated.

and Aleous! I got to find more webspace. Im maxed out on storage now. Time for Photobucket i guess. My camera crapped out too! Will have to get that sorted out too. More on the way tho!

Rather than start a new thread I'll piggy back on Ndogs KLVUK Pimp thread. It's testimony that what one man can do another can do isn't always true but I'm working on it.

Honestly I had started to refine the bright edge of my KLVUK and worked on the handle before his post so I'm not a low down copycat ya know. Someone please tell me you believe me?

Anyhow since I had today off I decided to go at it a little more. With all the talk about Red Chandran and Red Flower lately a tiny little light bulb went off in my head. I have some military stock stain that has a tint of red in it. It's kind of risky since it's alcohol based (don't drink the stuff) so one it's into the wood, it ain't coming back out. Anyhow I manned up and threw some on my KLVUK. Did some more polishing on the blade, still a long way to go. More sanding etc on the handle. Also still a long way to go.

Here's what I got so far.

So far I'm pleased with the way the handle came out. It was kind of blonde which I kind of like but it was kind of off blonde so i don't figure I did any harm.

Very nice color Bawanna! Looks natural. I always did like the red satisal oak. Very cool! Was you handle the arupati or neem? Im starting to see some reflections in your blade too! Its not easy sanding and staying off the scale at the same time is it?
I noticed our little KLVFKK (Kag size KLVUK) are stained as well. They look good stained. I may try that on my wifes first KLVUK. She got my last one because it had a smaller handle.

Oh... right, there is a nice Kuk up front.

As good as it looks, the lady behind looks even better :)

Mrs. bawanna in an earlier life. Still fine but meaner, especially when it involves me and auntie. Maybe she's jealous?

I thought it was satisal but your probably right. Last one I got for youngest son was Neem, one before that was Arupati..

Does that one have a somewhat thin blade? I have one just like it and I kind of remember you getting one around the same time. Mine is something like 15.5" and 16 ounces. I think the whole batch was Asare wood.

It's the bottom one in this photo. The top one is satisal.

IMG_1399.jpg

It looked just like that lower one in your pic so I'd say your right.
I only went to like 120 and a quick hit with 180. The wood is rather pourous especially at the butt so I'll start sanding with oil to rause the grain and fill some voids, then go a little finer.

I probably won't go for baby backside smooth so I still have a good grip. The wear on the scales on mine is from chopping.

The one i did the mineral oil test on was asare I bet it would take a stain really well since it is so absorbent. Ok corrected...

Last edited:
If anyone else has KLVUK mods feel free to post them here! Would be cool to have them all in the same thread. That could include the KLVFKK as well. Thats those cute little Villager Kagas Katnes we got around Christmas time made by Keshar Lals friend!

Bawanna, that looks very nice with the stain on it, the grain on that handle really stands out. I have been finishing mine only to 120/150 grit then a few days soak in BLO, then a dip every day for about five days.

man I hope they do another run of the villager katnes i really wanted one !-- will post my kvluk mods today, I always sand and oil the grips when I get them, I usually ignore blade until rust comes , because I like petina

My KLVFKK came pretty much polished and was stained also. The blade was scary sharp too. I wouldn't mind picking up a few more of them as well. My friend came over last weekend to show off his Becker BK-2 his wife got him for Christmas which is a very cool knife by the way. A10 warthog of a knife! He wanted to see some of my knives as well and by the time i finished showing him my collection it made his warthog seem more like a toothpick. I kinda felt bad so I want to get him a KLVUK and maybe get him infected. I showed him my AK Bowie compared to the Becker. HE he he he.....he. I consoled him a bit though because the Becker BK-2 is a great EDC. Just different class:rolleyes: He will be a good neutral subject to do some HIKV antibody resistance testing on.

OH HELL YEAH!!!!.........PUGS!!!! I don't even know what to say! This is ridiculous cool brother! I didnt even know you could do leather like this. Even with the progress pics you sent me which were very cool btw i wasn't expecting to see this! You could quit your day job anytime you wanted:D. The scallops and texturing are sweet! The finish is smooth the stitching is absolutely perfect! Dude you are good to say the least!!! I gotta borrow one of your pics I hope ya dont mind. I have to show something! Ill put some more up when I get some daylight.

9573c683d20f11fa01b2336fe9d4dbda

AWWWW DUDE!!!.............Beavertail!!!!!!!!!! ! I cant freekin believe this!! I just opened this little green package sent with my sheath and its a beavertail sheath for my little KLVFKK (Christmas Kag)! Love the Sam Browne stud! Watch out beavers! ndog is after ya now! Gotta go im almost in tears!

Back