How To Easily upload photos!

3372FLU.jpg

Last edited:
No busse yet, but I figure I'd better figure this photo posting before my grab bags come in. I'm using an iPad mini 4 and imgur, but still having some issues. When I do the whole -
- the end result (on my side) is always just an box. I can see most of the photos posted on the site, but a few of them are just like mine. I know I can just post the link, but that seems too lazy. Any suggestions?

Test run of a booze pic

DUVs0

Edit to say, still just an IMG box

No busse yet, but I figure I'd better figure this photo posting before my grab bags come in. I'm using an iPad mini 4 and imgur, but still having some issues. When I do the whole -
- the end result (on my side) is always just an box. I can see most of the photos posted on the site, but a few of them are just like mine. I know I can just post the link, but that seems too lazy. Any suggestions?

Test run of a booze pic

DUVs0

Edit to say, still just an IMG box

ScoMa, I found that when this happened I had overlooked the step of right-clicking the image and selecting "Open Image in New Tab," then copying the URL from the new tab. (Google Chrome) Then it worked flawlessly. The beginning of the URL changes slightly and through some type of internet black magic it just works. I found that when I tried to copy the URL from Imgur after uploading and BEFORE opening in new tab, it would yield the
IMG box you're encountering. I would guess that step would work with Safari as well, but I have never tried. Hope this helps.

Open a free Igmur account. Upload the pictures you want by creating an album in your Igmur account.
When you want to post your picture there is a small pull down menu on the top right of your saved picture and you select: Get Share Links
Bottom left is BBcode (forums) with a big blue copy button. You click the copy button and then paste into your post and you get this:

D97BaXe.jpg

fOlRWvv.jpg

CrqAPDG

Tried that, but more of the same :(
for awhile the screenshot method worked for me then after I suggested that way to other members it stopped working. Frustrating as all hell. Last night I figured out that with an app download from google app store on my Android phone I am able to resize photos to under the 2mb size limit of the forum. I just wanted to share my findings because I know others are trying to get photo posting to work..
Here is a screen shot of the app i used
Screenshot_20170527-095221.png
Once you reduce the image size just click upload file

Open a free Igmur account. Upload the pictures you want by creating an album in your Igmur account.
When you want to post your picture there is a small pull down menu on the top right of your saved picture and you select: Get Share Links
Bottom left is BBcode (forums) with a big blue copy button. You click the copy button and then paste into your post and you get this:

D97BaXe.jpg

fOlRWvv.jpg
Not seeing any specific pull down menu, or anything mentioned after that. Seems the most I can figure is how to copy the link.

Checked the image size, and it's 1.7 mb.

MAKE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR IMAGES IN AN ALBUM IN IGMUR.
Make sure you save you images into an album in Igmur or it may not work.
YOU run your cursor with your mouse over your image and the mini pull down menu appears on the top right of the picture

When you look at your picture in your Igmur album in the top right of your individual picture there will be a mini pull down menu that says : Get Share Links. All you have to do is click the copy button for the one that says: BBcode (forums) - this is the bottom left button and it will save it in the correct size for a forum. Just paste into your post like this:

aYBgc4d.jpg

I definitely have it saved as a Post. Not seeing anything about an Album. It's probably because I'm running the Imgur app on an iPad, but the layout seems to be much different than what you describe on a computer.

Thanks to all for the help. I know it can be frustrating when a newbie just can't 'get' something so simple. I appreciate it.

ScoMa, if you want, you can email me your pictures and I'll upload for you.

Or I'm sure some other hogs would gladly do it for you.

Gotta do our civic duty to get those Grab Bag pics up!

Thanks! I'd like to think I'll have it figured out by the time the bags make it to Tampa. If I'm still too drunk, I will certainly take you up on the offer. :thumbsup:

Mmm...100% of the photobucket "pictures" posted in here does not show up. But those that uses imgur shows up. Guess photobucket is gleefully shooting themselves in their foot and dying a slow irrelevant death.

Guess it's time for me to transfer out all my old pictures from photobucket...if only it didn't lag so much accessing it. Sigh.

Why do you have to use a online image host? Can`t you just click "Upload a File", select pictures on your computer or device, click and open the desired picture and it downloads?008.JPG

All I do is drag photos from my desk top. I'm using a MacBook Pro not a phone or other handheld device which might make a difference. I usually run my photos - and any images that I pull off line - through a photo edit program (Photoshop Elements in my case) so that I can get the size of the photo to around 120 pixels per inch and the width of the actual photo around 6". Drag it to the thread - select full image from the choices that the BF format offers and then I'm done. Slowride 11 - I did this to your photo -cropped a bit, took out the color cast of the yellow, resized to 120 pixels per inch X 5" wide and here is what I get.
Easy and fast. Don't even know that you need the photo edit but it does give me some control over the image, which I prefer.

Cheers, Ray

Last edited:
Back