Eat Yer Hearts Out, Buck-os!! W/Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not half as "shifty" as I used to be in my younger days, your pretty safe now boss....well, I REALLY do like that rack. You know you should sell them to us folks on the forum. Ship it disassembled, and we can assemble it ourselves.
Ill take one! Dont forget to put that biltong in there with it! Might save you some shipping:D

Bookie, you have the bestest curved spine (27) Bookie, you have the bestest curved spine (28).........

Amazing knife you got there Bookie. A very special khukuri indeed!

I saw a couple pics of 2 of the original katunjes a while back, but I just went and looked again and the links went bad. They were a spitting image of your new one.

Ok boys and girls my delayed photo op. I'm not as wicked quick as Bookie these days.
First the reason for my delay, I have note too if that helps any.
Birthday cake!

Eating Birthday cake!

One year stats.

Riding in the new car.

Ok now back to our regularly scheduled program. This box arrived Thursday at my house. Notice how perfect it is, no dents, bends spindles or mutilations.

I think this might be the best most perfect triangle box in my entire collection. I need to work on a wall for my triangle boxes.

Contents of above box. The much coveted and highly cherished 2nd custom Yangdu Katunje known to man, at least to this man.
And the completion of a Chirra Trifecta (that means 3 Bookie). A drop dead gorgeous and I mean gorgeous Tin Chirra.

Katunje first right out of the box. It really needs nothing at all but it will get an oil and wax job but it good to go as is.

Same Kami as Bookies # 1.

Very very cool engraving on the spine, worth the price of admission alone.

And the spine is quite substantial for this size of a knife, strong 5/16" pushing 3/8".......

Made for my hand size, I am completely normal and right handed, so right handed that I needed it to operate the camera hence the knife in the left hand.

Blonde accessories. These needed a little clean up and thirst quenching oil but only took minutes and good to go.

I suspect a little hanky panky from Mr. Bookie on that buttcap engraving. He wanted to ensure he has # 1 but also the goodest. As you can see my buttcap is as smooth as Shaylin's backside. Clue # 1, Bookie is a top notch engraver.......I shall confer with Sherlock.

Next we move to the Tin Chirra.

I sorta messed up earlier. The blonde Karda and Chakma go with the Katunje. The dark wood ones go with the Tin Chirra.

Full shot with the wrong accessories. What a beauty. Out of the box and then after oil and a hot wax job.

Bow (that's front right?)

Stern (or the other end)

The cho dreams are made of.

Spine is actually a tiny bit thinner on the Tin Chirra than on the Katunje but very close.

Here's what I thought was my completed Thamar Trifecta. (again that means 3 Bookie). BUT I find that I have a Thamar Tin and a Yek, but no Dui, Then I have a Purna Dui and Yek. So I need a Thamar Dui and a Purna Tin to have two Trifecta's. So I have a trifecta but not purebred Thamar. Still have a goal.

Hope I got all the good shots, kind of tired from birthday partying all day. Some should be after the clean, oil and wax job. In removing a couple for the photo op, I dropped another, this time a Lachu belt knife. I did get my foot under quick enough this time so no damage, point my be dinged just a skosh but nothing to worry about. And my foot will be fine, don't use it for much beside cosmetics no how.

Last edited:
Here's what I thought was my completed Thamar Trifecta. (again that means 3 Bookie). BUT I find that I have a Thamar Tin and Dui, but not Yek, Then I have a Purna Dui and Yek. So I need a Thamar Yek and a Purna Tin to have two Trifecta's. So I have a trifecta but not purebred .

Say again, over?......

ROGER....REPEAT.....

The birthday shots are priceless....save and print in B&W for her years from now....my dad snapped one of me just before me touching my one candle...you learn quickly at an early age.....we still have the photo....

I will have my one and only MF (multi-fullered) knife hopefully soon....then i can look at mine instead......nice save on the Thamar....dad was a pro photographer with only German and Swiss optics and always said feet heal and cameras do not....

I have already lavished all the praise on the Dear Yangdu knife in the Mr Bookie thread so just cut and paste that one here....except hire an exorcist to remove the Bookie part and maybe some OxiClean and insert your angelic name therein and add i loved his but wished it had come without engraving on the pommel plate...

Last edited:
Eating that cake---made me smile. That birthday party is far more important than any ol' knife we have, Joe. You are a lucky man. Thanks for the math lessons this evening. Looks I know how to make it up to 6 now!

Learned a lot too.....#1 is delicious....and trifecta+trifecta= 6.....also, always keep a photo of your wife on your workbench to remind you of 30 yrs day after tomorrow....

Last edited:
I'm actually quite fond of the engraving on the pommel plate. If I was 1/8th as talented I'd probably do mine.

It's classy, makes it unique. Subtle and not at all flashy.

I've come to accept that once the knife finds it's owner, the owner can make it his own via whatever means he chooses.

In some cases such as true antiques especially with provenance such as many of the knives that Spiral post any major change would be sacriledge. I tend to leave things the way they are, this applies to most things, not just knives but I don't adhere to that philosophy quite as closely as I used to.

Uhh...mtng. I hate to tell ya but your mass to propellant ratio has an error. You declined to take into account the energy required to disassociate nitrogen from its reduced state. Add n=1.0063 joules to the equation and you should be fine. Also if you plan to launch in sub zero conditions you can reduce Isp by .044% due to the effect of reduced exhaust velocity. I do this every day so if you need any further help let me know. Always happy to help a brother out:D

I wonder who's idea it was to do Tin chirras? Thamar is an amazing Kami:thumbup:

IDEAL rocket equation.....
And you perjure yourself as everybody knows if you are in central Texas you do not launch rockets every day in sub-zero cold....

The guy who invented it was the guy tired of lugging around a ploughshare....and who said, " i would like it thinner, but not here where it takes a beating and not here where it takes a bashing"....he went on to invent the steel I-beam and win the Nobel prize for discovering no need to disassociate nitrogen in reduced states in Ideal Rocket Equations...

They are both stunning.....i imagine the attraction of the Dear Yangdu Special is the same which makes my heart flutter over the far plainer KLVUK....sheer utility and true handiness...plus yours is just stunning.
....and again, tied so much to concepts of honoring a brave lady soldiering on in a foreign land in order to care for her family and her people......a real keeper, that one, Bawanna.....

Great picture and post, thank you for sharing

Bookie and Bawanna' Katunje Special

Bookie and Bawanna Katunje Special

Bawanna, note that the above pic from Yangdu shows the dark-handled kardas and chakmas with the Katunjes - I remember that the light-colored non-matching ones were shown in the DOD pic of your Thamar Tin Chirra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back