EDC in D2 - Official Sign-Up List

Time for some updates!

I cut out the handles today. I just realized this morning I am out of 3/8" G10 - so now I've got some on order. I apologize to the 3 folks with G10 - I will glue these up as soon as the material shows up (probably next Monday).

For everybody else....handles are cut out and are being drilled this morning.
:thumbup:

I also made 5 "dummy" blanks to send to JRE for leather sheaths. I need to hear from you guys that have ordered leather sheaths to let me know what you want.

I am probably going to do a standard drop-loop sheath in black leather - the knife will ride pretty deep. Those with 3 or 3.5" blades should be able to pocket carry theirs (will have a square bottom). Belt carry should be pretty comfy with only just a bit of the handle rising up above the belt loop.

If that's ok with you - let me know.

Thanks!

Dan

And here we go..!!!

Glued and Screwed

:D :eek: :p

EDC-Update050310-01.jpg

first one is finished - pics forthcoming....!!!

Dan

This one I glued up was an extra to make sure everything is *just right* and it IS PERFECT!

Plus, this lil' knife is FUN to make.

More to come!!!

Dan

Great news - JRE is on-board with the sheaths. :thumbup:

I'll have a demo sheath at the Blade Show if anyone plans on being there.

There will be 2 options:
(both will be heavy duty black leather)

1 - deep-sitting Pouch sheath with square bottom for going in a pocket

2 - same sheath but with straps to allow you to horizontal carry it

These are going to be NICE.

:thumbup:

Dan

Anybody on this list going to be at the Blade Show?

Dan

Nobody - I finished your knife, but I don't know if I'll have a leather sheath at the show. We'll talk then.

For the rest of you guys, I have started finishing all of them and they should start rolling out next week. Time to get final payments ready. :thumbup:

I'll post pics of the sheaths as soon as I get 'em. Those with kydex sheath orders will probably roll first. I expect JRE leather sheaths soon, though.

Dan

Dan

I started back on the EDC knives today. :thumbup:

In the meantime - check out the leather sheath from JRE...!!!

Knives100609-06.jpg

The 2 straps are for horizontal carry and are STANDARD. I can have them removed by request only (no discount).

Those of you that have leather - let me know ASAP!!

There is also a pouch loop for vertical carry - just like all of JRE's sheaths.

...and the bottom is squared off so that it can sit straight in your pocket.

I tried it out and it works great! :thumbup:

To sum up:

One Sheath = Three Carry Options

Horizontal crossdraw carry
Vertical strong side belt carry
LH or RH pocket carry

Here's a pic with the 3" EDC knife:

Knives100609-08.jpg

Anybody that wants kydex is welcome to switch if you like. :D

Dan

Dan please tell me the one in the picture is for sale because if so I have dibs. That is awesome. WOW You throw that together with my EDC raven concealment rig and that would be everything a man needs on a belt.

Shoot me an email, Bro.

I have to hold this one until the rest are completed....but we can talk after that. ;)

Dan

I spent this afternoon shaping handles......PROGRESS is great!!!

I'll be looking for final payment from the following folks:

Dead Reckoning - 3", BCM, B, Kydex, Malice clip
Dead Reckoning - 3", BCM, B, Kydex, Malice clip
tbarahon - 3.5", NCM, A, Kydex
Jack Shen - 3.5", BCM, ...

Yours are rough-shaped and will be finished tomorrow along with the kydex sheaths..by Friday.

Email me with payment/shipping info.

Thanks!

Dan

Did you get a chance to finish up my handle? Edit: Nevermind, you're still waiting on the sheath too. I forgot about that part.

Yep - waiting on the sheaths.

I've roughed out all the EDCs that were glued up already. :thumbup:

I'll finish up those that have kydex sheaths first,...time to get funds together if you're on the list. Thanks!

Dan

True to form, I went all the way to Atlanta for the Blade Show where suppliers have the stuff stockpiled, and while I came home with orange g10, blue g10 and other materials...I forgot the blue/black g10. It is on its way to me now - will be here Thursday...along with a sheet of black g10.

Thanks for your patience guys. I am very enthusiastic about having the entire list finished by the end of June!

Dan

Back