EDC VI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7084.jpg

Carrying my little Schrade today. In the scout style sheath I made. I remind myself: function over form. [emoji41]
a642080e32322cdbfb6499b0fe56a884.jpg
5df054067dfc24c808236f720c801eb8.jpg

Last edited:
Did you dip that handle in liquid rubber?

I did that on an old Eskabar I have:D It works pretty well!

No. After I took the scales off, I bought some poly carbonate modeling clay, and hand formed the new handle to the knife. You bake in oven for about 15 min, and you have your one of a kind custom scale. Shouldn't affect the temper. Too short amount of time, and it's the optimum temper temperature for that type of steel anyway. You can get this type of poly carb at Hobby Lobby in different colors. I suppose it could be polished up nice if you wanted to.
69e8510dbd9a42b6c5eadf679e07cde2.jpg

I forgot to mention the bake temp is 250 degrees for the poly carb.

No. After I took the scales off, I bought some poly carbonate modeling clay, and hand formed the new handle to the knife. You bake in oven for about 15 min, and you have your one of a kind custom scale. Shouldn't affect the temper. Too short amount of time, and it's the optimum temper temperature for that type of steel anyway. You can get this type of poly carb at Hobby Lobby in different colors. I suppose it could be polished up nice if you wanted to.

That's pretty cool!

I've gone to Hobby Lobby for some DIY knife stuff before. I always feel out of place being the only guy in the entire store:D

That's pretty cool!

I've gone to Hobby Lobby for some DIY knife stuff before. I always feel out of place being the only guy in the entire store:D

Likewise. :thumbup:

Even more out of place when you're standing in the leather section holding a knife in your hand to check color coordination. Lol.

That's really cool! How heavy is that stuff, does it throw the balance on the knife off at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back