EDC VI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2fc8e385f94866033927f93ed3c7c880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today, one of these two........

0c662736e5dbd2deae856451b74e9cdb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
If I forget my knife, I feel as naked as if I forgot my pants... :D

Me too. I'm crowding 70 now & ever since I was a little kid, I've never left the house without a knife in my pocket.

As for what I'm carrying today; it's the Sebenza 25. Nothing else has been in my pocket since that one arrived.

Guys !!! where are my manners . I know you all can't be guys . Guys and Gals !!! Queation bout a knife I want to carry .

Im in the market for a new neck knife. I dont want anything expensive , no super steel cause neck knives to me atleast don't do any kinda tasks that would require a super steel. I use them mainly for cutting fingernails , rope ya know stuff like that . And Im not a gentle fellar so no need for an 80 100 necker .

Ive got my choices down to a schrade schf16
maxresdefault.jpg

And a schrade schf57
Schrade-SCHF57-SCHF58-SCHF59-2016-photo-1.jpg

I was going to go with the F16 cause it uses 9cr18mov which as many of you know is a chinese version of 440C and I've always liked 440c . Think its a good common man working steel . Decent edge retention all that .

But the steel on the F57 is 65mn ( a high carbon spring steel ) which before yesterday I'd never heard of . After a bit of research I've found folks say it's an equivalent to 1065 carbon steel . Trouble is I don't know much about POI for 1065 either . I know chinese and jap sword makers use it or 1055 for katanas and such but I have no idea how it functions for an EDC blade .

So in your opinion would I want the 9cr18MoV or the 65mn blade ?? Does 65mn perform well for EDC tasks ? I may want to get a ferro rod for this setup too and I've heard carbon steel is better for that too .

Or do you think the chinese 440c would be better for EDC ? I just know nothing of 65mn so any help would be appreciated . Paypal awaits your answers .

What say you BF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back