EDC - What's In Your Pocket(s)??? Part 2

I really wanted an EDC pocket organizer. Even though I was not sure that my large items would fit in it. I figured they might. The issue is everything I see is 6.5"x4.5" or larger. I am a small older man and I don't wear tight jeans but not baggies either. So I am thinking my front pocket is not that large? They must make smaller ones? However, then my large stuff is likely not to fit. I guess I just have to free ball it. Plus one of these will take up my entire pocket and i will really feel it. With stuff loose in my pocket I don't feel it much. I am just sad about nice stuff getting all scratched up. I suppose one has to make a decision in this regard. I guess I am just asking you folks if there is a smaller pouch. Thanks

I've used homemade duct tape "pocket caddies" to keep loose items organized in my pocket. There are companies that make nice leather or kydex versions, but duct tape is all I've ever used. It only takes a few minutes to make one and they're custom fit.

My current one only contains chapstick and a spare aaa battery, but I've made several over the years that held Bic lighters, flashlights, SAKs, pry bars, etc.

FQ3HauN.jpg

If you don't find what you're looking for, this may be worth trying out.

I really wanted an EDC pocket organizer. Even though I was not sure that my large items would fit in it. I figured they might. The issue is everything I see is 6.5"x4.5" or larger. I am a small older man and I don't wear tight jeans but not baggies either. So I am thinking my front pocket is not that large? They must make smaller ones? However, then my large stuff is likely not to fit. I guess I just have to free ball it. Plus one of these will take up my entire pocket and i will really feel it. With stuff loose in my pocket I don't feel it much. I am just sad about nice stuff getting all scratched up. I suppose one has to make a decision in this regard. I guess I am just asking you folks if there is a smaller pouch. Thanks

I wear Cargo Pants to give me more pockets for similar reasons. These days they are considered reasonably stylish, so I even have some that I wear to work. Or at least I did before the Covid emptied the building and caused us to work from home.

I am too old to wear cargo pants. Unless I was a celebrity. I am not. Duct tape is cool to me. I worry what other people think though. Such as now he is really broke. No insult to you though. If you can pull it off. I would like a leather one but cannot afford it. Part of the issue is the large size of my 3 or 4 implements I carry. The only reason it matters to me is I am tired of them getting scratched. I am old enough to wear a belt pack. I just don't want to admit it. That pack pictured above supposedly goes in ones front pocket? At least according to the manufacturer. I do not see how. They are all that size.

I have lightened my pockets. If you can call it that. Front right: Keymate, Carbon fiber William Henry Kestrel, Leatherman Juice, Hanko, Car Fob. Back Right: Bifold wallet. Glock is on side holster. Going from a 4+ ounce knife to one that weighs less than .5 ounce made a big difference. I just open mail with it. I have much bigger ones nearby.

Thank all of you for liking this. I was really torn to carry that knife. The Hanko Timascus was not a lot back then. Likewise the William Henry. Today that knife would be 15 Grand. It is CF and Titanium with a solid Damascus blade. His first knives were a few hundred bucks. I figured now or never.

Last edited:
jascoli, That is like what I was hauling around. I feel so relived now. I don't know how you feel but you might try downsizing. To me it was a world of difference. I just really had to push myself to use that knife. I guess it depends on what you do.

Wow GallenR! Now I know you wear cargo pants?

Get this. I had a big Damascus 3.6" knife with all my other rubbish. I replaced it with a carbon fiber and titanium William Henry Kestrel. One of his first. Everything felt so much better but I felt like less of a man. You know a mans knife is like a reflection of his..... Anyways to my amazement I swapped it for a 940-1 and it made zero difference to me! That is weird because the WH is about 2.7 closed. The 940-1 is about 3.8 closed. I guess how lite and slim it is. I think the 940-1 is a great knife. They are easy to get. So I honestly might recommend one before a Sebenza. Plus I mean S35Vn Vs. S90V. It does have a bit of a stainless frame but just to hold the bearings. It is a heck of a knife for now $272.00 I would really get one if you don't already have one. Unless the size turns you off. Or you live in Chicago. Well, it is not ultra heavy duty.

Back