EDC XI Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mMx7ATK.jpg

Sure...just out of Brasil by Mauricio Dobruski...keyhole style bolsters with blued Eggerling damascus, and a different Eggerling for the blade. The stimpled parts of the handle are insets...note that the keyhole bolsters and handle inset pockets are milled out of the handles.

This is a channel construction balisong, and the pockets for the keyhole bolsters and dimpled handle insets are milled out out the handle! The damascus bolsters and insets are fitted into the pockets, and they are perfect.

dobruski_cb230(6).jpg

I've been in awe of Dobruski's blade grinds for well over fifteen years, and this is as good as any...beautiful belly with a helluva point. The grinds are perfectly symmetrical. The pocket clip is milled titanium.

Also, I've seen what a lot of different makers do to Eggerling damascus in terms of finishing the damascus. Dobruski has a different and unique take on how the damascus can be finished, and the results are always spectacular!

I sent the damascus to Brasil for this knife almost four years ago, and it's the first knife I've gotten from Mauricio in eight years.

It is, indeed, well worth the wait.

-Michael
Michael,
I have zero experience with Bali's and little interest in knifely bling, but this piece is staggeringly beautiful and an amazing display of craftsmanship. Congrats on owning such a gorgeous commission. Definitely worth the wait!
--Steve

I've had my eye on one of those little BMs, how do you like it?
I like it a lot, Knifeoholic. I never thought I'd be much interested in a slip joint, but this little guy is very cool. It combines modern materials--canvas Micarta and S30V stainless--with a somewhat updated but traditional form--sheepfoot blade and canoe handle. I usually carry a smaller, second knife loose in the bottom of my left front and this one is perfect for that as well as being a very good urban or travel carry given its blade length and non-locking/non-one-handed design.

photoman12001 has a nice thread and review of it--Benchmade 319 Proper...I like it--where several owners weigh in with pics and their opinions. It makes for a good read if you're interested.

oOM5dBG.jpg

4uBZUIJ.jpg

I like it a lot, Knifeoholic. I never thought I'd be much interested in a slip joint, but this little guy is very cool. It combines modern materials--canvas Micarta and S30V stainless--with a somewhat updated but traditional form--sheepfoot blade and canoe handle. I usually carry a smaller, second knife loose in the bottom of my left front and this one is perfect for that as well as being a very good urban or travel carry given its blade length and non-locking/non-one-handed design.

photoman12001 has a nice thread and review of it--Benchmade 319 Proper...I like it--where several owners weigh in with pics and their opinions. It makes for a good read if you're interested.

oOM5dBG.jpg

4uBZUIJ.jpg

Thanks for the speedy reply ChazzyP! I also like carrying a second, smaller knife in the left front pocket. I love the look of this knife, and I've wanted to try canvas micarta as a handle material for waaaaaay to long now! Thanks for the info and the link! Much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back