EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

SlaIrP2.jpg

Screenshot_20191114-184902_Gallery~3.jpg

Comparable for sure, couple things I like better on the MILK actually. On the Hati, the lockbar pushes right over to full lockup with light pressure whereas the MILK is rock solid. The pocketclip on the MILK handles thick hems way better, slipping on easily and not binding up before bottoming out. Action is glassy smooth on both, with the MILK being a little "crisper" on the break...but I've tuned the MILK so it's not really a fair comparison.

View attachment 1232365

Comparable for sure, couple things I like better on the MILK actually. On the Hati, the lockbar pushes right over to full lockup with light pressure whereas the MILK is rock solid. The pocketclip on the MILK handles thick hems way better, slipping on easily and not binding up before bottoming out. Action is glassy smooth on both, with the MILK being a little "crisper" on the break...but I've tuned the MILK so it's not really a fair comparison.

That silver twill is a beauty! A pair of awesome Russians for sure!

View attachment 1232365

Dig the comparison..thanks! The pocket clip thing is a bigger deal than many (who haven’t dealt with Shiro’s clips) might think. All great points. Not sure if it’s of any help, but all of my Shiro’s (only 3 frame locks) have one degree or another of what I call ‘lock creep’, where as you describe, the lockbar creeps over to the max’d out position when squeezed tightly, but much to my surprise, stay locked up securely with no play in any direction. It’s a damn sexy knife either way Chip!

Dig the comparison..thanks! The pocket clip thing is a bigger deal than many (who haven’t dealt with Shiro’s clips) might think. All great points. Not sure if it’s of any help, but all of my Shiro’s (only 3 frame locks) have one degree or another of what I call ‘lock creep’, where as you describe, the lockbar creeps over to the max’d out position when squeezed tightly, but much to my surprise, stay locked up securely with no play in any direction. It’s a damn sexy knife either way Chip!
One thing the Hati has going for it is the ability to disassemble without having to remove my fob/lanyard...fortunately the MILK is back on even footing there after a little work with a hacksaw and files;)

I am freaking DONE having to untie the fob everytime I want to open up the knife:mad::D

img_20191115_004356_928-jpg.1232418
img_20191115_004356_929-jpg.1232419

Screenshot_20191115-014104_Gallery~2.jpg

Last edited:
Back