EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

SlaIrP2.jpg

This is unspeakably cool, and I kinda want to try to find one of these now. A knife with an actual thermometer in it. What a time to be alive.

Hahaaa it's also got a altimeter! The newer traveller's also have a barometer, clock, and alarm.
Whaaaaat. Is that the model, the Traveller? I did find a model on a general search, but it seemed to have more tools along the bottom. A corkscrew, a couple other odds and ends. Really neat little package all things considered!!

20191115_091419.jpg

Don't have work today. Just a bunch or running around. Won the pocket organizer,pen and tangram in a drawing of YouTube. Added the little flashlight and I'm gonna give it a try for a few days. But can't leave home without a quality piece in the left pocket. It's a inkosi day.

Edit. Oh ya I know guys there's a Chinese knife in my pocket. Stop the presses. Lmao. Inside joke. Oh wait people don't like jokes.wink

Every year around this time I get just a little touch of a cold. I'm generally pretty resistant to such things but these weeks feature my first real encounters with all those infectious little varmints who populate my youth basketball club--running a couple tryouts, start-up practices for newb coaches, and fitting uniforms. This year I got it good, though, was sick yesterday and sicker today. I worked a couple hours on the job Thursday and cancelled most of what I had today. Carried the same knife two days too, though I do love my Turtle and there would be many things worse than having it in my pocket every day.

Nmm3DP6.jpg

378IkzW.jpg

We even got a little taste of snow here on the Cape the other day as you can see just a little in the 2nd pic above.

View attachment 1232365

Comparable for sure, couple things I like better on the MILK actually. On the Hati, the lockbar pushes right over to full lockup with light pressure whereas the MILK is rock solid. The pocketclip on the MILK handles thick hems way better, slipping on easily and not binding up before bottoming out. Action is glassy smooth on both, with the MILK being a little "crisper" on the break...but I've tuned the MILK so it's not really a fair comparison.

That's a nice pair indeed, Chip. I've heard great things about the MILK and may have one some day when both finder's luck and finances coincide. I've had but one CKF--a Sukhoi--and didn't find it any way positively comparable to my Shiros, though I suspect the MILK may be an entirely different thing.

Dig the comparison..thanks! The pocket clip thing is a bigger deal than many (who haven’t dealt with Shiro’s clips) might think. All great points. Not sure if it’s of any help, but all of my Shiro’s (only 3 frame locks) have one degree or another of what I call ‘lock creep’, where as you describe, the lockbar creeps over to the max’d out position when squeezed tightly, but much to my surprise, stay locked up securely with no play in any direction. It’s a damn sexy knife either way Chip!

Some of my Shiro clips were too tight when I got them and some just fine. Only my 111 has resisted break-in, though that one hasn't been carried as much as some of its Bear brethren. Of course bottoming out in pocket is a big ask for such a long knife.

As far as the "lock creep" thing goes, it is indeed common to most Shiros, though I've never found it a bother as my thick, arthritic, old carpenter's hands won't grasp a knife in such a way as to have that happen without deliberately forcing it over with my thumb.

One thing the Hati has going for it is the ability to disassemble without having to remove my fob/lanyard...fortunately the MILK is back on even footing there after a little work with a hacksaw and files;)

I am freaking DONE having to untie the fob everytime I want to open up the knife:mad::D

img_20191115_004356_929-jpg.1232419

Sweet mod on that lanyard penetration, brother. I'm very fond of that-lanyard-hole-in-the-backspacer-only thing on my Shiros, MP1, Sigma, and Scout. I like the one-slab-only-hole style of my F95s too. On the other hand, I have a lot of knives that would require untying the lanyard to separate the slabs--including my CRKs from which I remove the lanyard pins--but I often just leave the lanyard on and flop the slabs apart when cleaning or tuning or sometimes just pull the pivot, blade, and washers out the front like one would with a Sebenza 21. I find that's the best way to deal with AXIS lock knives too.

BTW, I haven't forgotten about sending you my Biryukov--just been too busy to take it apart and ponder shipping it cross-country. Anyway, your Russian pair and Fullflat's comment got my sick, decrepit body out of my chair and across the yard for pics of a couple different Ruskii's before the light left.

EcdVe53.jpg

RSt6FN2.jpg

Maybe a little off-topic here, but I did carry them across the yard in my pocket for the pics. :rolleyes:

Reached for asthma cure in one bag, and stumbed upon this guy. Man, i am so glad i did. Didnt look at it for so long, i hate the round front part and some other things but it still is most close to a shape i wish were produced.
Haha, now i can go to inhale, barely breath

15738572989700.jpg

Back