EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Just another of my sandwich cutters,...

iVJnY9X.jpg

View attachment 1266496 Haha. We made it back down safe and sound. That was a pray the wind don’t change, don’t move or breathe, and your gonna feel real dumb if that knife falls, moment.
Especially when one of the lads on ground level come around with a knife sticking out of their hard hat saying "Alright which one of you guys lost a knife?":oops:

Cool, and quite useful loadout! How has the Boye folder been serving you? I’ve recently become a fan of dendritic cobalt, but haven’t had the pleasure of using David’s stuff
The Boye folder serves me well! I use the marlin spike as much or more than the blade.
The blade shreds anything fibrous, rubber, plastic etc.
The other knives will rotate eventually but the Boye is staying in the pocket indefinitely.

As you guys know I just bought a red-handled Cold Steel "tuff-lite."

For years I carried four inch folders--and jabbed myself repeatedly. Then I bought leather knife pouches and 'hooked' them on any and all door handles and kitchen dishes.

Now, my first impression was a tad "vanilla." I flipped the knife over and I saw the alloy was AUS 8A. However the edge was uniform and very straight, and surprisingly sharp for a mass produced item. I must have +30 polishing stones and I didn't have to do any touch-ups.

I called the supplier back and told him to send another red one. I've learned that any item I find I like is usually tagged as "no longer manufactured." And the finger choils are properly spaced, stabilizing a very guided slice.

I am experimenting with this. It's really a sweet little blade. Weight is 2.8 oz for a 3 3/4" blade ! Can be carried anyway you may want. Thin and slicey, light and sturdy. It does quite some job. And however you carry it, you hardly feel it's there. Easy to draw, secure hold in the sheath. All good things.
pXLaabJ.jpg

Back