EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Hope all my Blade Brothers are having a wonderful relaxing lazy Sunday afternoon as am I. Just chillin listing to some Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Sipping on a cold beverage taking trips in and out of the safe admiring some of my favorite knives and of course viewing tracking numbers of knives to come :thumbsup:
g1jzMgM.jpg

Last edited:
Hope all my Blade Brothers are having a wonderful relaxing lazy Sunday afternoon as am I. Just chillin listing to some Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaugh. Sipping on a cold beverage taking trips in and out of the safe admiring some of my favorite knives and of course viewing tracking numbers of knives to come :thumbsup:
g1jzMgM.jpg

Sounds like a nice relaxing Sunday afternoon....

8ECE03A8-19AE-4FA7-BB49-3E372695E13E.jpeg Love this album. I love the interaction between them. Classic
Hope all my Blade Brothers are having a wonderful relaxing lazy Sunday afternoon as am I. Just chillin listing to some Albert King and Stevie Ray Vaughan. Sipping on a cold beverage taking trips in and out of the safe admiring some of my favorite knives and of course viewing tracking numbers of knives to come :thumbsup:
g1jzMgM.jpg

Nice! What models are those?

Wow thats a beauty! Whos the maker of that gorgeous folder?

That’s a beauty my Brother !
I actually have one that’s similar on the way :thumbsup: Almost went with another auto but decided to go manual to.
What blade steel is yours ?

Thanks! my example is in M390 made 2/2018. Hope you enjoy yours!

I kind of want the Socom elite signature but I'm on the fence, I prefer knives below 3.7" and the socom is a 4"..... I feel like a UTX85 is on the horizon soon.

Ya I hadn't really thought of the manual action... I've never experienced a microtech manual so I couldn't even think if I've heard of the quality of the manual actions. Of course microtech autos are some of the best auto actions, so that's probably the way I'd go too.

I wouldn't buy a sports car to tow my boat so I guess I wouldn't by a manual microtech either not knowing. Not saying it wouldn't be good, just not sure that's all.

That knife looks like a beast though. Definitely a great knife for certain scenarios.

The Socom elite is a big knife for sure. Its my first MT manual and really flies out upon deploying the blade! The handle is a little thick and wide at the top (.055 thick and tapers down to .045 at the butt) and tip down only but does ride deep and carries fairly well for its size. The elite's handle inserts remind me of a kershaw blur but done nicer. The blade stock is thick at .185 but ground to a reasonably thin edge about .020 then thickens at the tip to about .035. Uses a thick Ti inset liner lock with steel insert. Only had it for a day but its a hard use folder for sure which is not normally what i prefer but wanted to try one and a deal presented itself, so far im happy i did. Its A beast for sure and very well made. IMG_4587.JPG IMG_4588.JPG IMG_4589.JPG IMG_4592.jpg 5.10 oz but doesnt feel too heavy for its larger size, rock solid build quality, and the action is amazing and drop shut on ceramic bearings.

MT made a socom mini framelock back in the day with a 3.5" blade but are probably hard to come by im guessing now.
Not sure if the Socom elite is something ill EDC everyday but i am diggin it and think its gonna be a keeper.

The Socom elite is a big knife for sure. Its my first MT manual and really flies out upon deploying the blade! The handle is a little thick and wide at the top (.055 thick and tapers down to .045 at the butt) and tip down only but does ride deep and carries fairly well for its size. The elite's handle inserts remind me of a kershaw blur but done nicer. The blade stock is thick at .185 but ground to a reasonably thin edge about .020 then thickens at the tip to about .035. Uses a thick Ti inset liner lock with steel insert. Only had it for a day but its a hard use folder for sure which is not normally what i prefer but wanted to try one and a deal presented itself, so far im happy i did. Its A beast for sure and very well made. View attachment 1289900 View attachment 1289901 View attachment 1289902 View attachment 1289903 5.10 oz but doesnt feel too heavy for its larger size, rock solid build quality, and the action is amazing and drop shut on ceramic bearings.

MT made a socom mini framelock back in the day with a 3.5" blade but are probably hard to come by im guessing now.
Not sure if the Socom elite is something ill EDC everyday but i am diggin it and think its gonna be a keeper.
Thanks. That is a William Henry in the box with the foreign money. Mike Norris raindrop Damascus.

Edgeoflife Edgeoflife I’m really looking forward to mine and liking yours a lot :thumbsup:
I’ve got a signature series on the way not sure of the blade steel since I put my order in online but put a request in from top to bottom of my choices :thumbsup: I’ll be happy though either way. I’ve found myself liking bigger knives more and more these days for some reason.
I’ve heard they have some really nice action and is why I decided to go manual. Plus I’ve got the Protech strider auto and MT OTF already and another MT OTF on the way ;)

Last edited:

The Socom elite is a big knife for sure. Its my first MT manual and really flies out upon deploying the blade! The handle is a little thick and wide at the top (.055 thick and tapers down to .045 at the butt) and tip down only but does ride deep and carries fairly well for its size. The elite's handle inserts remind me of a kershaw blur but done nicer. The blade stock is thick at .185 but ground to a reasonably thin edge about .020 then thickens at the tip to about .035. Uses a thick Ti inset liner lock with steel insert. Only had it for a day but its a hard use folder for sure which is not normally what i prefer but wanted to try one and a deal presented itself, so far im happy i did. Its A beast for sure and very well made. View attachment 1289900 View attachment 1289901 View attachment 1289902 View attachment 1289903 5.10 oz but doesnt feel too heavy for its larger size, rock solid build quality, and the action is amazing and drop shut on ceramic bearings.

3.5" would have been perfect! That thing is bad ass from the pics!

Edgeoflife Edgeoflife I’m really looking forward to mine and liking yours a lot :thumbsup:
I’ve got a signature series on the way not sure of the blade steel since I put my order in online but put a request in from top to bottom of my choices :thumbsup: I’ll be happy though either way. I’ve found myself liking bigger knives more and more these days for some reason.
I’ve heard they have some really nice action and is why I decided to go manual. Plus I’ve got the Protech strider auto and MT OTF already and another MT OTF on the way ;)

Nice! You've got the quite the set up !

View attachment 1289907 Love this album. I love the interaction between them. Classic
For sure one of my all time favorite albums with the best of both I feel and like you said the interaction with Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert King is classic and priceless rolled into one. One of the best ever looking up to one of the best IMO.

I had both for about a year and recently sold the auto and kept the manual. I got the auto first and it kicks like a pissed off mule. It would be more manageable if the clip was tip up so you have a place for better grip. Everything else about the knife was amazing so I got a manual. The pivot rides on bearing on both models so it's smooth as butter. I can't carry autos in my state so I never carried the auto (another reason I sold it) but I did edc the manual for a few weeks and while it is a big knife, it wasn't any more noticeable than my bugouts when in my pocket. It is an intimidating knife so I rarely pulled it out around people. I still have it in my edc rotation with a bugout, bailout m4 and 940-2. I'd highly recommend it to anyone even thinking about getting one. I think the manual is a much better knife.

fTUbFcP.jpg

I had both for about a year and recently sold the auto and kept the manual. I got the auto first and it kicks like a pissed off mule. It would be more manageable if the clip was tip up so you have a place for better grip. Everything else about the knife was amazing so I got a manual. The pivot rides on bearing on both models so it's smooth as butter. I can't carry autos in my state so I never carried the auto (another reason I sold it) but I did edc the manual for a few weeks and while it is a big knife, it wasn't any more noticeable than my bugouts when in my pocket. It is an intimidating knife so I rarely pulled it out around people. I still have it in my edc rotation with a bugout, bailout m4 and 940-2. I'd highly recommend it to anyone even thinking about getting one. I think the manual is a much better knife.

fTUbFcP.jpg

I like the OD green handle! Ive never noticed until just now looking at your pic of the two side by side that the auto doesnt have the external blade stops. While they are also used as the deployment method on the manual, they are a nice feature on the socom for lateral strength/support imo and im surprised to see the lack of them on the auto.

fTUbFcP.jpg

Good info, thanks... now I just need to decide if I can use a 4" knife for daily use... it's such a sweet looking knife!

Back