EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Nm1jvsy.jpg

I’m going to have a tough time handing this knife back to my daughter this evening. Maybe she will feel like doing a bit of horse trading with the old man...
View attachment 1296839
I can’t tell you how many I’ve lost back to my girls and son-in-laws, I feel for you. They always seem to have a more compelling need for it than I do.

Only you could take a Austrian Stubai Bavarian-style combo snip and turn it into a sexy story of performance, I love it, haha. Seriously though, quality hand tools will give years of precision service, they are worth every penny spent acquiring them. Workhorse of a knife too, simply outstanding sir! Thanks for sharing your story too.

Appreciate your comment, brother, and your thoughts on tools are exactly in line with mine. Whether it's a power, air, or hand tool, I always go for quality, simplicity, and durability over price. Sometimes young guys on the job will gas me over some "old thing" I'm using which is older than them and still going strong. The proof is in the pudding. Unfortunately, in this disposable age, I've got perfectly good power tools that only need a switch or a brush casing or the like and you can't get part for anything over a few years old now. :(:mad:

Anyway, I went with another "workhorse of a knife" in the sheetmetal shop today, finishing up the end caps for the gutters before installing all of those and the downspout nipples.

FzQLgs2.jpg

I took that little taper off the end cap above with the new snips in one pass--it's only in three as the curl broke off while cutting.

ElZ6cKj.jpg

I was starting to think that 25 was not going to return home... Dcdavis Dcdavis sure seemed fond of it!
That was the first time I’d handled a 25. The Inkosi has a few subtle improvements that make disassembly a little easier but it’s not a huge deal. I’d have no hesitation pulling the trigger on a 25 now.

He's a good friend and was gonna send it back a week ago. I told him to keep it another week and enjoy it. He was having a great time with it.
And I thank you again for letting me test run it.

Back