EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Is it too soon for a 21 to qualify for Throwback Thursday? I've got some sheetmetal to fab later and then will head up to my oldest son's house to start in helping to put his upstairs apartment back together after the aborted remodeling begun by his younger brother, so a good work user is called for today. This one's spent a lot of days on the job.

WGvWjfN.jpg

c3cLGri.jpg
its never to soon/late to qualify a 21! always going to be a popular knife on this forum, thanks for posting.

Welcome to the Forum.....pic above appears to be one of the River Road Goats. Members of the Official Wimberley Welcoming Committee. (Unable to determine if the girl pictured is Thelma or Louise.)
Thanks! I think I saw Thelma AND Loiuse:
Qe750fb.jpg

And I bought this paring knife in one of the shops:
K5Nndw9.jpg

I toted these Case knives on that trip, and will tote again today:
kDllQg0.jpg

(I took the pic in a hotel room in San Marcos, and was probably the first pic I posted on BF.)

Last edited:
Just the 4-Max Scout so far today, although "just" sounds a little off for a 10 oz. knife. :D This was one of those knives that didn't make sense to me on paper, relative to the rest of my collection of large knives, but as soon as I held it in my hand it clicked for me.

w3g4olV.jpg

Welcome to the Forum.....pic above appears to be one of the River Road Goats. Members of the Official Wimberley Welcoming Committee. (Unable to determine if the girl pictured is Thelma or Louise.)
Haha I think I've seen them before! I take it you are from around here as well? Know any great local knife makers?

Going with a New York Knife Co. Walden/Hammer Brand for my Throwback Thursday EDC. Sleeveboard whittler in stag at 3 11/16", half stops on the pen and sheepfoot blades. I think this is from the 1936-1937 date range.

View attachment 1383155 View attachment 1383156
Everything I have read indicates that New York Knife Co in Walden closed in 1931. I have this small Hammer Brand from there. It has had a lot of love.

Back