EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

"Work work work work" - Mel Brooks

iqvKOHC.jpg

They way they did the detent and button-lock on those is exceptional. Probably the most fidget inducing knife I've had.

For sure! My example drops shut even when the knife is held at a 45' angle (and nearly does it at 30', too). Every aspect of the design is well thought-out and refined, and based on this one I know I want to add a Malibu or other Pro-Tech manual to my collection.

I'm back at the job I did last November replacing the railing on a second floor deck on a house I remodeled around 15 years back. There was a little trim that needed replacing as well but it had turned so unseasonably cold that I told the owners I'd get it the next year. One thing led to another and with the Covid thing I'm just getting to it now. It's just a quick hitter picking out the old casings and kick board this morning, milling the new pieces and priming in the shop this afternoon, and installing tomorrow.

I'm always happy to carry one of my favorite work knives and blade shapes. It came in handy using its slight curve to peel the old painter's caulk off the Andersen slider jamb.

dw2CpVK.jpg

YOEGkqo.jpg

Back