EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Just had to pull the family out of the safe to welcome the Mini sheepdog. The wave works so awesome and consistent on this Mini it hasn’t missed once :thumbsup:
8Ks3ozA.jpg

The Sept 15th 11:00am special?
It’s gorgeous, your photo blows the sale photo away. I’m sold.
Edit to add: just placed my order, thanks Fullflat Fullflat
Thanks brother! I really appreciate the kind words. Yes it is the Tuesday special ;) Glad to hear you picked one up. We often seem to share similar taste in blades, so I hope you like it as much as I do.
If only the logo really was OD...
That’d be perfect! ..or completely sterile would be nice too
In the immortal words of Charles Barkley...you’re turrble! I resisted that one even after mentioning I would own a car in that color combo. Looking away now! :mad:;):)
BDAD5419-8F24-4750-A382-E5F7611A55BD.jpeg

It's an Apurvis Progeny blue and black CF. Ridiculously strong detent. Difficult to flip, can't even open it with the thumbstud. I have strong hands too.

Maybe it will break in.

Otherwise, I love the knife. Great ergonomics, blade shape and flipper design. The detent ball rubs hard on the blade though, but if I hold the lock in like a comp like, it's very smooth.
Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that.

Mine has none of those issues - it actually works very well with both flipper and thumb stud.

It's an Apurvis Progeny blue and black CF. Ridiculously strong detent. Difficult to flip, can't even open it with the thumbstud. I have strong hands too.

Maybe it will break in.

Otherwise, I love the knife. Great ergonomics, blade shape and flipper design. The detent ball rubs hard on the blade though, but if I hold the lock in like a comp like, it's very smooth.
No worries my friend I’m sure it will break in nicely just take your time. I’ve found over the years that knives out of the box that are tighter end up being smoother And better in the long run then those ready to rock out of the box. Just enjoy that beauty and the time will come when it speaks to you “I am ready”
:)

It's rained all day here, decided to take the Mudd knife on my walk this evening.
hY7Acnh.jpg

W5180Dh.jpg

Man that’s a great shot! Knife too. Is that NC? Tn? I don’t recall where your ridiculously nice stomping grounds are.

Just had to pull the family out of the safe to welcome the Mini sheepdog. The wave works so awesome and consistent on this Mini it hasn’t missed once :thumbsup:
8Ks3ozA.jpg

What model is that bottom bowie Ed? Very nice looking piece.

Man that’s a great shot! Knife too. Is that NC? Tn? I don’t recall where your ridiculously nice stomping grounds are.

Thanks Mark ! It’s a Mini Sheepdog and absolutely love it. Dealer exclusive with Micarta scales and S35vn Blade steel. I posted some better pics on the previous page #1988 :thumbsup:
This thread moves fast ! :eek:

No worries my friend I’m sure it will break in nicely just take your time. I’ve found over the years that knives out of the box that are tighter end up being smoother And better in the long run then those ready to rock out of the box. Just enjoy that beauty and the time will come when it speaks to you “I am ready”
:)

I loosened the pivot, made no difference. However, it's starting to get smoother the more I flip it. The detent is still extremely stiff, but doesn't seem to be as bad.

I loosened the pivot, made no difference. However, it's starting to get smoother the more I flip it. The detent is still extremely stiff, but doesn't seem to be as bad.
My Medford is like that and was hard to fire open but now it flys open like a rocket !
The lockbar is still stiff but I just use two hands to disengage it since it was winning the thumb war lol. I feel deployment is more important for accuracy and dependability anyway.My thumbs were loosing the battle but now I just carry it once in awhile play with the action and just enjoy it but not trying to rush it.

My Medford is like that and was hard to fire open but now it flys open like a rocket !
The lockbar is still stiff but I just use two hands to disengage it since it was winning the thumb war lol. I feel deployment is more important for accuracy and dependability anyway.My thumbs were loosing the battle but now I just carry it once in awhile play with the action and just enjoy it but not trying to rush it.

I'll take a picture in the morning, but other than the detent, I love everything about this knife. It was exactly what I wanted. I'm gonna keep it for now. Play with it over the weekend.

Back