EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

My first experience with Rope jigging...I like it:D

20201016_171303-2-jpg.1438352

Beautiful! Do you know anyone up there who has had experiences with a sasquatch? (Sasquatch Chronicles is my favorite podcast, so that's an area of interest for me.)

I haven't, but I have an uncle who is fascinated as well who is always asking me.

Those mounds sound a lot like Marco Island? Just curious because I’m in Naples......lol, and you’re currently living my dream. Been looking at mountain properties for 6-7 years now, but life seems to keep telling us we need to stay put for a little while longer.

On a side note, my wife says I’ll never be able to handle the mountain cold. Despite being from the Northeast originally, she may have a point. I can’t even get my ass outta bed in the mornings when the temperature drops below 75. I got a plan though. When the time comes, I’m gonna start training for it by dropping the AC one degree each week. Solid plan, right? Haha

I'm speaking of Turtle Mound, in Canaveral National Seashore which borders my town (New Smyrna Beach). We also have some cliffs in my area that were built by the ancient inhabitants.

Yea, I love the mountains now that we're out here. I still own my house and have my roots down there, so it hasn't been easy (on a shoestring tbh), but the experience has been worth the struggle. My hope one day after the kids are off is to perhaps live back and forth, spending the long clear summer days out here in the PNW mountains and the winters back there paddling the canals. I've also considering settling somewhere in the Appalachian or Smokey mountains where some of my ancestors come from. The dream would be to find somewhere tropical with mountains though. Either way I've come to the conclusion that I may never truly feel at home unless I am somewhere where I can predominantly live outdoors. One day hopefully. Until then I'll just make the best of the journey ;)

Back