EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Your welcome Brother:thumbsup:
I’ve had a few XM24’s and what a nice knife!
I think the length of the handle on the Strider makes the difference in how well it carry’s.
It’s still breaking in so haven’t even attempted yet to spydie flick it . But it’s really breaking in nice and I love just rolling it open. It has a really nice hydraulic feeling very similar to a CRK but a little thicker feeling. The sound of it engaging and disengaging is very satisfying with a nice solid click.
Have a good day as well my friend.
Enjoy the breaking in. There's nothing like the sound of a nice solid click,
when a good locking mechanism does its work.:):thumbsup:

4u035vrh.jpg

I figured I'd head up to my son's house to get the little bit of work done to ready for the sheetrockers, but first had to re-pack all the tools in the truck and trailer I had out to complete the furnace project. By the time I was done with all the back and forth my knee was killing me and what I have to do up there is all up and down the stairs and an 8 foot step ladder, so I took a couple Tylenol and decided to stay home and split wood today.

This red oak bolt had two fair-sized knots just opposite and I've learned to follow the end checks with the splitter's wedge to get a clean break which exposed a really nice grain pattern.

I44I4um.jpg

I appropriately went for Micarta this Monday with my oldest Grip, bought ten years ago on my birthday in Vermont and later outfitted with OD scales from Igorded.

RNWtl8f.jpg

W1gwCPQ.jpg

August 2020, Buck Web Special 110 with brass Ebony, and S30V in a Black Buck "Distressed Leather sheath on my belt. (sanded bolsters to quickly cure a severe case of fingerprint smudge magnetitis)
(BTI) Old Timer 23OT Four Blade Scout/Camp/Utility knife on a 32 inch SAK chain Lanyard.
SAK "Signature" for a "Gentleman's Knife" (I make no claim of being a "gentleman"... I'm quite the opposite, in fact...)
Rough Ryder RR1740 "Classic Carbon" (large, 4.250 inch closed) Stockman.
These should cover any and all knife tasks that come up for at least the rest of the month. :D

View attachment 1441268
(If I need a heavier/super duty four blade Scout/Camp/Utility knife, I'll swap the 23OT out for my Marbles MR278 "Demo" knife. :) )

No change this week.

Back