EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

50240441382_1e3ed79794_o_d.jpg

Just came in the mail this morning, and took a few pics before sliding it on my belt.

I like the leather flap. It’s easy to un-snap the sheath while wearing gloves. No fumbling around looking for a pull strap.

The Garberg is noticeably heavier in the hand, but balanced. I do wish the grind was higher; more like a saber grind. Seems like there is too much flat area.

The DLC coating is done well. It reminds me of how Cold Steel does theirs.

No rubber on the handle like how the 510 is.

The blade is just a tiny bit warped, but I am being picky. I’ve never paid 80 bucks for a Mora before. I think it’s well worth it.
View attachment 1463258 View attachment 1463259 View attachment 1463260 View attachment 1463261

I am excited to give this thing a whirl!

Well man I learned a lesson. I shop on Amazon for a lot of different things. In my delirium I added this Garberg as a last minute item.

Well, despite taking three weeks to get here it finally arrived. After taking some more time inspecting the knife I started to notice things.

The blade is pretty warped. The whole thing has a slight bend from butt to tip.

Also, I mistakenly thought the handle was 100 percent plastic, but in fact the sides are rubber. A chuck of rubber was missing from one side.

I sent it back today. I shall administer 20 lashes upon myself for stupidly buying a knife from Amazon. I am starting to thing buying anything off that site is a poor choice.

I tasked myself with disassembling the second story ladder jack staging after lunch, taking down three long extension ladders, two brackets, and cleated planks. I switched up to a work user as I'd mentioned in my earlier post and was glad I did as I scuffed up the clip a bit more putting the ladders away. The Turtle's got more than a few battle scars over the years anyway and I'm pleased to keep the 31 like new for a while longer.

n4wyZDu.jpg

SeriQ07.jpg

Back