EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

U6utsshA0QR9hq_uXM33CB2Ms4pGvrKbqFCQfp3IBoswGeycltp_t7UOj2nbvjYbxmMuKeuJnu-eY2oNcRfGrUvjX751DXn3l66y0JfXh-uy65gvXgzyrYLW-0GWQQM9ETr4TaENt_Ie7-zbvXYYFwCAqxnzkD1ZQEWVs45kvRirHKH7dNo9LftiMUlRqoPfZd5Z1wnV0ciH9l6Il4vvWlEfyU44XxYHeRBbCuB3oeNYMGRTEw8goGfAy-pEuJFPYOIATYl57UVx1Q-Ie5sS9BTjGcxYie_bAQGhibtJYOpvS0SibCoiXxPNGUwvDMuMrttdPHdDVtEKd7eeXatrkq7VqnWeEpu6XT9QzVpsQ5RWkAj-nn6vnf8FhhzrbKD03JVfWV6NzmYevjSHqa-rHlXFkckWCBSQYUPlX6Uv-sRobnYLa9krcpL6qz2oCVkt_9rwn61BV_xc6mc30vHeSH0hKvWfYZs4yBx6tDu8fqOvf_s__fzg54eUXkUVDH7Vm4yCZpbGfHcjPX_mCgDPg8wuLK-tFz3eJT9Sp2_t6-o7P1HM1WX5-ziVNxaxuHaSW8WKObJYffFmct27BPH_emnHOaCRSKzYK_PJ6k7t-BHfCnbPhaFSlI5YH38gUuGl_m6lbB2PiG88X4x6hA_EGJBdi2M0IZ2HiJdfwREnNOysd_dUdAK7ElbVN3wLAw=w1250-h937-no

I've been feeling my full Ti Shaman today.

Sharp & Fiery nailed it. It’s an Isham Bladeworks Blackstar slip joint with timascus inlays. Cool little knife with some unique lines to it.

Thank you! Is it a double detent knife? How's the action?

7yXAJTc.jpg

Today with the T1 and Barlow.

The sun was out today! So I was able to capture a picture of the patina starting on the Barlow.

BNqu9RC.jpg

I honestly wouldn't mind if more modern knives started using carbon steels again...

Thank you! Is it a double detent knife? How's the action?

I’m not sure I can explain the detent system as it’s a bit unique and I honestly don’t quite get it. The description at KC explains it better than I can (not sure if I can quote them here or add the link, but it should be an easy find). While I really like it and it suits my daily needs, in all honesty it’s a bit of an odd little “hybrid” duck. Not a true slip joint, not a true flipper. It doesn’t really lock up, and while some describe it as requiring reasonable force to close...mine takes very little pressure. Actually scared the crap outta me until I got used to what I was dealing with and how/when to use it. As far as the “flipping” action goes, I haven’t quite got the hang of it yet....but to be fair, I’ve just been using the nail nick and haven’t really tried to master the flip. Maybe with practice and some break-in?

Again, it works fine for me and I enjoy carrying it; but for anyone interested I’d definitely suggest doing some research before taking the plunge.

Hope all that makes some sense and helps answer your question.

Regards!

I’m not sure I can explain the detent system as it’s a bit unique and I honestly don’t quite get it. The description at KC explains it better than I can (not sure if I can quote them here or add the link, but it should be an easy find). While I really like it and it suits my daily needs, in all honesty it’s a bit of an odd little “hybrid” duck. Not a true slip joint, not a true flipper. It doesn’t really lock up, and while some describe it as requiring reasonable force to close...mine takes very little pressure. Actually scared the crap outta me until I got used to what I was dealing with and how/when to use it. As far as the “flipping” action goes, I haven’t quite got the hang of it yet....but to be fair, I’ve just been using the nail nick and haven’t really tried to master the flip. Maybe with practice and some break-in?

Again, it works fine for me and I enjoy carrying it; but for anyone interested I’d definitely suggest doing some research before taking the plunge.

Hope all that makes some sense and helps answer your question.

Regards!

Thank you for the details!

Back