EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

......You always have the cleanest inside of a vehicle I have ever seen in my life. I cant do it even when I try...

Lol, I’ve dealt with varying degrees of OCD all of my life. I’ve always had a canister vac with a 20-30 ft hose attached to the wall of my garage. Vacuuming my car was something I used to do every night when I got home.

When I semi-retired in my late 40’s and had waaaay too much time on my hands, things began escalating. I’ve always been compulsively neat and clean, but it gradually got to a point that it was beginning to affect our quality of life. I was on track to becoming a full-blown “Adrian Monk”.

I stay fairly busy now with a small business I took over 6 years ago, which, along with some therapy and pharmaceutical help, keeps my OCD fairly well-managed these days....but I still like things spotless. Lol, I may go 4-5 days before vacuuming my car....but most of the time I’ll wipe the console down before taking a knife pic.

Yeah, I know.....way to much info. I suspect my need to share all that probably somehow ties in to the OCD. Guess I can ask about it at my next session, lol.

IMG-1005.jpg

OK, Z Zeroedin , I'll play a little. The knife model is about 2 years old but hasn't caught on in a big way at this point compared to other newish Cheburkov's, based on what I've seen here at BF anyway. It's not a Kori, @Sharp & Fiery , and is almost identical in size to my Voron but less than 2/3 the weight. It is not the very expensive custom version of this knife, which is my true grail, but is, IMO, considerably more elegant than the stock model.

In the meantime, I'm going with the Voron for a full day's carry in anticipation of the new Cheb's arrival on Friday.

m3wXTVd.jpg

RHozjYX.jpg

My system (as it was before moving) was a combo of newer and older. Besides the towers, I have a set of Infinity speakers, 2 bookshelf and 2 satellites that are about 20 years old as well. I have a 420 watt Klipsch sub that's about 11 years old, a Boston Acoustics center channel about the same age. My Yamaha receiver I bought in 2012, previously had a used Onkyo but wanted to upgrade to a 7.1 system as well as have hdmi passthrough. Really, really impressed with the Yamaha and the YPAO system.

Currently, the receiver is hooked up in the living room to the TV etc with the bookshelves and center channel. We swapped my dad's little Definitive front firing sub to my massive klipsch, which is downward firing. Perfect for the tile in the lower level. The satellites are boxed up somewhere. It was overkill for my 1200 sq ft apartment, but that's ok. Neighbors always wanted to get together and watch movies at my place.

Titanium Tuesday with new ammo delivery!

AAbeOc3.jpg
You are running better gear than I am.

I have downgraded to a basic two channel system. I found that the whole home theater experience was fun but, 2 channel stereo is where my heart is. So, the kids got my extra Energy satellite/sub speakers for their system. It should go nicely with their Denon front end.

My system is really overkill for our small house. For speakers, I am running a pair of NHT (Now Hear This) 1.3s. I also have their famous Super Zero sub/satellite combo.

Right now I am enjoying a pair of their Absolute Zero speakers that are on loan from a friend. They sound amazing and would be great in a bedroom system where bass is not a priority.

Media is handled by a Denon Blue-Ray player and a Sony disc player.

Power is from a recently added NAD C 740 stereo receiver. At only 40 watts per channel it’s not anything great but, the sound is superior to my old Marantz.

To keep the thread on track, my blade for today is the lowly Cutco 1891 folder.

Last edited:
Couldn’t decide which knife to carry today. So, I went with the 0562TI since I have carried a 0562 of one form or another these past few days. I really do enjoy the satisfying thwack that the 0562 has with full titanium scales and it is lighter than the 0562CF which is also a plus.

Back