EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

A geeky knife moment for sure, but oh so satisfying for that knife OCD @Zeroedin was talking about this week.

This Sebenza and I both sharing our birthday today.

B824yx3.jpg
Wow, you've got some really sweet gear for only being 9 years old! Add in the great photo and writing skills, your parents must be really proud. :p

Happy birthday, brother, and many more to come! :D

I used the hell out of this Thorburn, it was even a door stop a few times. Had a lot of wear on it that was hard to photograph unless it was in the right light. In my experience, black knives usually show more wear in photos because of the contrast.

FjrBoGu.png

SN7nclN.jpg
That’s awesome. I’ve done it several times. Mainly on doors that lock behind you when they close. I normally would just lay it down to prop the door from closing, not necessarily wedging it like that.
Well said Chazzy.

I use a utility blade as well...right tool for the job and all that.
You know I have no use for a utility knife in my line of work. That’s what an insingo is for ;) Now if I was scoring Sheetrock all day I may have to break down and use a razor knife. I wouldn’t be happy about it tho

Today I thought I would carry a high end and budget option side by side.

Sk9L0ne.jpg

Now that allergies have driven me inside for the rest of the day I've switched to the Fox Knives Nighthawk.

jR4VXgV.jpg

Wow! That Fox is an oldie...I forgot about that one! Always wanted to try one of those. :) Thanks for sharing that photo.

You know I have no use for a utility knife in my line of work. That’s what an insingo is for ;) Now if I was scoring Sheetrock all day I may have to break down and use a razor knife. I wouldn’t be happy about it tho

If I was scoring sheetrock all day I wouldn't be happy either, but not about the knife--it would be about my chosen profession. :( No offense, drywall guys, us carpenters need and appreciate your skills. :thumbsup:;)

If I was scoring sheetrock all day I wouldn't be happy either, but not about the knife--it would be about my chosen profession. :( No offense, drywall guys, us carpenters need and appreciate your skills. :thumbsup:;)
I worked for a certain general contractor for several years. He used to tell me all the time “just cut what you need”. After we went to town with a good ole hammer saw to make holes where I needed to get he decided that he would cut any drywall out of the way for us :D

Switched to this one for my lounging around the house carry.

20210327_184113.jpg

Thanks, I'd have to say the same about you.
Congrats on the new job! You have great taste! :D

i9bdGLl.jpg

Haha I really want a red micarta insingo. I love the blade shape. If they had a damacus blade with one, that would have been my first purchase. I guess we'll see ...

Might as well get a PJ or micarta and Damascus to beat on while you’re at it

Same here. Kershaw Dividend (not the m390 version) was my favorite knife for a while

So I've been gabbing here all day both by PM and in this thread while failing to be on topic. I've had a relaxing day, resting my cranky knee, running a couple errands, as well as enjoying and snapping pics of my new Cheburkov Hudson Lightweight. It came scary sharp out of the box with an easy, smooth flipping action, and I can feel it breaking in nicely with every cycle. It's a really simple, unadorned design with sublimely clean details and I feel lucky to have finally found one.

Imgur seems to have just gone down while I was choosing a fourth pic. These three show up in my preview--let's see if they show up in the thread.

tDusAJj.jpg

7BaLmVx.jpg

0F6g8D7.jpg

So I've been gabbing here all day both by PM and in this thread while failing to be on topic. I've had a relaxing day, resting my cranky knee, running a couple errands, as well as enjoying and snapping pics of my new Cheburkov Hudson Lightweight. It came scary sharp out of the box with an easy, smooth flipping action, and I can feel it breaking in nicely with every cycle. It's a really simple, unadorned design with sublimely clean details and I feel lucky to have finally found one.

Imgur seems to have just gone down while I was choosing a fourth pic. These three show up in my preview--let's see if they show up in the thread.

tDusAJj.jpg

7BaLmVx.jpg

0F6g8D7.jpg

Beautiful knife...glad you finally found one!

Haven't bought a Gerber knife in years. Seen this one and took a chance. I'm shocked, the fit and finish is good. The action is good. No more blade play than my Spydercos.

The only thing about the knife I can say that is negative; the grind is off. It'll easily shave hair on one side, but not the other. How should I fix that, just a complete resharpen? If so, I'll just wait until the blade is dull.

For a $40 Gerber, I'm blown away. The knife is too large for me though. Not sure if I'll keep it or not just yet.

I like the layered G10 too.

20210327-192501.jpg

20210327-192400.jpg

20210327-192230.jpg

20210327-192414.jpg

Last edited:
Haven't bought a Gerber knife in years. Seen this one and took a chance. I'm shocked, the fit and finish is good. The action is good. No more blade play than my Spydercos.

The only thing about the knife I can say negative is the grind is off. It'll easily shave hair on one side, but not the other. How should I fix that, just a complete resharpen? If so, I'll just wait until the blade is dull.

For a $40 Gerber, I'm blown away. The knife is too large for me though. Not sure if I'll keep it or not just yet.

I like the layered G10 too.

20210327-192501.jpg

20210327-192400.jpg

20210327-192230.jpg

20210327-192414.jpg

It probably still has a burr on one side. Whatever you do, dont sharpen it unless you are gonna keep it. You can strop the burr off on a piece of leather or even cardboard. :)

Back