EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Two favorites with hidden hardware today, the Malibu and the Ultramar Redención 229. :)

r1jhtjC.jpg

Great Shot!
What a blade!!

ChazzyP ChazzyP
Nice to see a well-used Jonny in its natural habitat, S&F. I've got a 46 year-old 49SP still going strong and a CS2258 I bought 3 or so years ago which is fast, powerful, light, and incredibly maneuverable. What model and vintage do you have there?
It’s a 2000 Jonsered 2071 Turbo. It’s not lightweight persay…but it is maneuverable. :) From the professional arborist line back then. This thing runs and runs and runs some more. I do maintain it as well.
A great pair of knives. Not quite bush clearing level duty for mine, but some shed repair and yard work gave them a mild workout.

AEpVGGT.jpg
DEK’s and 3V are always up for anything! DEK1 is one of the best knives I own…thank you…you know who you are. ;)

Wrapping up my French/Le Thiers themed week with another Forge de Laguiole knife inspired by the work of French graffiti artist Seize Happywallmaker.

For anyone interested, these are part of a four knife series called “Sublimation Street Art”. This particular version is titled the “Antares”.

I’ve always been intrigued with graffiti, and when I stumbled upon these the designs and colors took me back to the 80’s for some reason. Fond memories and good times. What can I say, the knives just put a smile on my face.

I’m always debating whether or not I’ll buy the other two to complete the set. I don’t carry them often, but on the other hand my clinical OCD is now stuck in a state of perpetual itchiness (had to look that one up to see if it was an actual word. Color me surprised…..it is). It’s a battle of meds vs instinct. To date, the meds seem to have the upper hand….but even without OCD we all know how compelling and persistent that damn itch can be. Odds are even money at the moment, according to my bookie.

Anyway, another trip down the dark tracks with this rambling post. But if I haven’t lost you yet, let me offer a sincere thanks to all the well-wishers regarding my upcoming hip replacement. Should be a breeze, but my coin is still on Chazzy to post first on Wednesday.

Geez. Eff me with dumb stick….I about signed off without posting a pic of the knife.

Wow.

B1A2570A-E6D9-42AF-AFAC-779D32C8E034.jpeg92C4C193-B997-4F4E-95BF-BA9F742A7DEF.jpeg

Just another Manix Monday. Been in my top 5 since I bought it 7 years. Ditching the foliage green G-10 scales for these ironwood ones made me love it more. For sure my favorite non-flipper. A bit heavy, but with the mods there is nothing else I don't like. I've thought about a titanium or other lock button, but have always been worried it would mess up the perfect action. CTS-XHP has been fantastic.

Also, after many years I finally have a computer at home. New hp laptop, logitech wireless mouse and wireless mechanical keyboard. I've started working on a book as well.

Last edited:
Back