EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

4uHM0So.jpg

This Atom is killer. Disappears in the pocket for a large folder. I’m not complaining about it at all. The wait was worth it for sure!!!

lq9rwVi.jpg
How do you like their micarta? I keep debating on getting micarta scales or not for mine.

YDzeniW.jpeg

Happy micarta Monday!

In the process of selling off a bunch of my less used knives on the exchange and it feels good. Having things sit around that aren't getting used as really giving me anxiety for some reason.

The last 5 days I've buried y'all with pics of my newly acquired Tolk that I couldn't put down, then heaped on more totally off-topic yesterday with walls of text and Polaris Ranger photos. Well, take a deep breath of relief as I'll just do an easy Micarta Monday with a couple shots of my nicely rhyming Battle Black Firetac.

bzWlNtp.jpg

f7FFMrB.jpg

I didn't have much luck putting this one down either when I first got it. Oooh, do we feel another streak comin' on?

Not familiar with the Pippins variety…what’s it similar to, if you don’t mind?
It’s an heirloom variety. Used to be far more popular. An orchardist friend told me most are getting ripped out because they’re troublesome to grow and get right. Just my luck. They’re super crunchy and tart with the right balance of sweet. Biggest “drawback” I see is they brown due to oxygen exposure once cut open. My wife is from the UK, and they’re still fairly popular there. Too bad people here seem to favor looks over quality (how else can you explain red and golden “delicious “?) I’m just glad we can still get good pink lady, Fuji and Gala. And don’t get me started on the now RARE Spitzenburg and Arkansas Black varieties. Miss those.

Back