EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

XHZlt4v.jpg

Two favorites, set against the most interesting background I could find. Apparently, setting pins on sawcut covers is not as difficult as some would have you believe.

View attachment 1662828
Is that an Imperial Barlow with shell construction? It's not really the same process as peening pins on bone. Good knives, though.

I'm carrying this old pair.
MzZheSd.jpg

I didn't have much luck putting this one down either when I first got it. Oooh, do we feel another streak comin' on?
Well, maybe a mini-streak....

I got my package from Hinderer today with the properly sized TriWay bearing/washer kit as the set my seller got through AZCK from the previous owner was clearly for a different model. The knife came with the PB washers in it and I wanted to try the BBs as I do like 'em in my two XM18 Skinny's, but honestly the Firetac is just stupidly smooth as is and seems to get moreso every time I use it. It's very close to free-dropping at this point. There is a very tight window between free-ness and centered-ness/no-play, though, so I'll give the BBs a shot but may well go back to the PBs after a slight thinning and a polish to make that adjustment a bit easier. The action is really buttery with them and reminiscent of my SHFs which to me rate as Sebenza+ for hydraulic smoothness.

oheMuSg.jpg

iHkPdJc.jpg

Back