EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Me too! Lol. Wife got it for me for Christmas and I had no idea at first. Basically it's a finishing barrel so you can age/flavor/double barrel your spirits at home.
I got one of them too:D

And yes...it did need a sight glass for level indication:p
image-20180519_133407_1.jpg

IMG_20180519_133138.jpg

And one of the knives of the day;)
IMG_20181229_120815.jpg

~Chip

I’m getting ready to start doing my own lanyards, and I like the way you do yours. I haven’t studied your pix too closely or for very long, but it seems your lanyards are the same (or close to it) on all your knives. What kind of knots are those, what bead is that and where do you get your beads from?

Sorry didn't see this post, but you can find a tutorial I made here in this thread

beads I get from several places, they come and go so not always available.
G2

I like the look of that Honey Badger. How are you liking it so far?

Does it feel risky to use that forward choil? (seems to be sharp all the way back, and those are risky sometimes...)
Thanks! Overall, I dig it. Excellent value. Compares favorably with knives costing more than double (which would still be well under a hundo lol). That’s the large model, and it feels good in hand, aside from feeling a little too ‘plastic’. Flips shockingly well, locks up tight in all directions with zero stick, & this one drops shut perfectly. Oustanding action for a knife in this category. F&F is good, but not great.
I can only find 2 things to gripe about so far, neither being a deal breaker. It sounds slightly noisier opening & closing than I’d prefer or expect from the other folders in my rotation. My other gripe is the materials (but what can I expect for such a low ticket). The blade being 8cr13MOV might be a no go for some, but I don’t mind sharpening, so it’s all good by me. I would’ve liked G10 or even a spyderco frn feeling scale material over this.
Yes, it is sharpened all the way back, and for sure, it does indeed feel a little risky to my index finger. The jimping on the choil makes for a slightly more confident purchase than if it were smooth in there, but the thinness of the grind to the front of the choil combined with that back end of the edge make it a little sketchy for hard use in a forward grip.
Have a great weekend!

Back