EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

9AopWHN.jpg

Have been carrying the Magnitude for a couple of days after returning the Mamba to the safe.

The Magnitude is more in my sweet spot in terms of size w/its 3.5" hollow ground blade which is thicker than most with a very impressive swedge at the tip and is a flipper which is an opening method that I prefer. The body is also thicker than most Spydercos (including the Shaman) w/Ti liners and no lock stick (just like the Mamba) but it still feels good in my hand; not too large or too small. The clip is unusual for a Spyderco (similar to the wide, flat stylized clips that you might find on some vintage Kerhaws) which is too tight and damaging to the edge of my pants pocket. Rather than bend the clip back, I've just pocketed the knife instead w/o using the clip. It feels fine sitting in my right front pocket next to a wallet which is about the same thickness; noticeable but not uncomfortable. Definitely a keeper, if not a regular EDC user, for me.

SP-C212CFP.jpg

Last edited:
TBH, I haven’t carried this guy all that much.
For whatever reason, when I’m feeling CRK I usually reach for my tanto ‘Zaan.

That may have to change.

That's a great knife and definitely deserves more wear. I've got exactly the same one--carried and posted here just a couple days back--that's a work user that bears its marks proudly.

Today, though, I carried my other Micarta-inlayed CRK that's had a much easier life so far. It's getting more and more into the regular rotation and I used it opening boxes as I replenished my wood screw drawers that were missing or low on quite a few lengths and sizes.

is71pNk.jpg

ZW8G7BT.jpg

Back