EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

^^ I want to be on a beach!

That was yesterday at Newport Rhode Island and believe me it was cold wind was blowing hard . I took this picture first from inside the car then my son went out and that’s when I decided to go out . Very nice place to visit on the summer .

Attachments

• 92B9B064-D811-44E5-9248-2FBEB4651367.jpeg
    92B9B064-D811-44E5-9248-2FBEB4651367.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 20
uPDvdro.jpg

Finally uploaded the pic. Taken the day i told about lamp. Simple tungsten lamp, feel the difference.
[IMG
Goddamn security problems!
Why do u have to steal my pics? Not easy by phone
BF U R WRONG WITH IT!

]

Wow thanks for the detailed mini review...Very helpful and I think im now sold on the mantra, its definitely on my list.

I have a Spyderco Domino that has those little washers between the titanium and the bearings also but for some reason I just can't get a smooth ball bearing flipper action out of this knife even after taking it all the way down, cleaning it thoroughly, and relubing with 10 weight nano oil. I'm wondering now if the bearings were crushed at some point as I did buy it used but the bearings were rolling for sure after cleaning. I noticed the bearings are rather on the small side (small balls lol) and fit very tight in the scales whereas all of my other bearing knives The entire bearing spins freely with the action as opposed to the Domino where I guess just the balls spin. I'm thinking maybe this is the problem. I know I'm kinda getting off topic now but the reason I bring it up is im suspecting the mantra has a similar bearing setup from what you described.

Try reassembling the knife without those thin support washers the bearings roll on. They run fine without the paper thin support washers in there.

Just tighten the pivot only enough that there is no blade play (don’t over tighten) and use some blue or preferably purple loctite in the pivot and let it sit for 24 hours to cure. Put just a tiny ammount of loctite like the ammount.

How is the fit and finish on the Bean? Mine is coming tomorrow.

It’s excellent! Symmetrical grind, smooth operation, great detent and awesome stonewash. For M390 and titanium at $100 you can’t go wrong. It’s a fun little flipper and a perfect secondary knife to carry.

Did a little yard clean-up early this afternoon out behind the boat-house before bringing the water over and firing up the big engine on the Rosborough. Time at our camp and acreage in Vermont has kept the boat out of the water for too many years now, so we're getting ready to sell it and put the money into needed projects here and up North.

UmhRVHy.jpg

Ksb1KSm.jpg

Back