EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Lounging about the house today, and the Police is along for the ride. :)

9EKbkhv.jpg

lol, I just assumed I suck at taking pictures. Never been a camera guy so I just roll with auto settings and hope for the best.

Nah, you're okay. My camera does this on autofocus sometimes, too.

The brain box inside the camera is programmed for the average user, so it's trying to focus on stuff that's at least "selfie" distance away from the lense. So, 20" or more. Roughly.

Your camera should have a "macro" mode somewhere, and if you can find that, it will usually focus on what's right in front of it.

If it's still being derpy, try putting a clean background behind your knife. White paper works really well, but I've used text books, graph paper, bandanas...

Nah, you're okay. My camera does this on autofocus sometimes, too.

The brain box inside the camera is programmed for the average user, so it's trying to focus on stuff that's at least "selfie" distance away from the lense. So, 20" or more. Roughly.

Your camera should have a "macro" mode somewhere, and if you can find that, it will usually focus on what's right in front of it.

If it's still being derpy, try putting a clean background behind your knife. White paper works really well, but I've used text books, graph paper, bandanas...

Thanks, I'll check it out and see what I can find. I keep meaning to read the thread here somewhere about taking pictures of knives but haven't gotten around to it.

Back