EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

DLT server is down. Good job guys :p
8hog.jpg

Carrying a 2.5” Scandi ground Pocket Puukko today
The handle is a true Puukko oval, both handle and wooden scabbard cut from one continuous piece of Cocobolo so the grain flows from handle to scabbard. A little stained Amboyna Burl for accents, and everything fits comfortably in my front pants pocket

Had it out pruning figs in between grinding and final polish

This is the inside of the scabbard. The blade is held in place by (7) 1# pound rare earth magnets.

Last edited:
Just took delivery on a White River Backpacker Pro -- this thing makes a hell of a first impression! Wood presentation box, Kydex sheath with perfect retention (and small Tek-Lok compatible, although the included Kydex belt loop is pretty solid), impeccable fit and finish, rounded and chamfered everywhere it needs to be, and fits great in every grip I've tried -- even with large hands.

It'll be going backpacking with me on my next outing (hopefully this weekend), but I'm going to wear it around the house today to get used to it. :D

CcaoT9z.jpg

Last edited:
An Old Timer Canoe, mostly just as a tailsman, it's my favorite pattern of traditional knife.
CRKT M16-O1KS, I'm not old enough to conceal a pistol so this takesthat role.
And my Leatherman PST II has a blade that gets used for all of my daily tasks.

One day I'll replace the OT with a Case, the CRKT with a Spyderco, and replace the PST II with a Rebar, but I'm not the type of person to constantly change what I carry. I can access everything I carry with my eyes closed without ever questioning it because I've carried the same things the same way for so long

Empty handed today :( .... on a work trip
View attachment 1163178

Man, that sucks. When I need to take a flight, and will be gone more than a day, I’ve been spending time in the airport shopping amazon and having budget gear delivered to my destination. Safe travels!
How do you like this idea,
A list who could help with some knife, their City name
When you have to go there, ask em at bf or some other way, to loan it or something

Back