1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Week 42 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    an Kizer Vanguard V4516A1 Domin Folding Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rycen, Apr 20, 2018.

1. vinte77

vinte77 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 24, 2009
    The scales are Putnam micarta scales. You can google it to check for the best price online.
    The thumbstuds are the #4 zirconium thumbstuds from ticonnector.com. I picked up the black back spacer from a seller on etsy (I forgot who the seller is but I think there are a couple sellers that carry them).

Edgeoflife and Fullflat like this.
  2. torqueguy

torqueguy Pocket Puukko Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Time to prune the figs.

Cocobolo, Hawaiian Koa and Bastogne Walnut

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. DCFree

DCFree Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2019
    Inspired (obsessed?) by @ChazzyP Voron custom he posted months ago, I finally took the plunge and just received this production version Voron today and it is fantastic. Thanks for the advice and guidance ChazzyP. Also couldn’t help but order the small strizh as loved the size. Giraffe bone may be the most polarizing handle material on the planet and is mostly loathed by collectors. Oddly, this made me want it more as little chance of running into another one. In any event, I like the look and the knife is exceptional. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] the

4. PNWhovian

PNWhovian

Jan 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

5. Edgeoflife

Edgeoflife Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 11, 2018
    IMG_5417.JPG IMG_5410.JPG IMG_5359.JPG IMG_5437.JPG IMG_5438.JPG
    First time in a long time ive carried the same knife for almost a week. We've had alot of fun together and will enjoy our last day today.

Attached Files:

6. Icky Thump

Icky Thump

Dec 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. Fullflat

Fullflat Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Daaaaamn! You must’ve been thrilled busting that box open. Very nice. I think that small Strizh of yours is the most gorgeous folder I’ve seen this year!

TenShun705 and DCFree like this.
  8. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Rolling with the Praetorian G today. :)

[​IMG]

(The light is a Convoy S2+ with a Thyrm SwitchBack)

9. Keyopp

Keyopp Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2013
    [​IMG]

10. DCFree

May 24, 2019
    That is so nice of you to say, Fullflat, and really means a lot coming from you! I had some reservations when I ordered them as had to be shipped from Russian and the package goes into a black hole for awhile and then suddenly remerges. But everything went flawlessly with zero drama from start to finish. I was incredibly excited to open the package and had really high expectations for the knives. Despite my high expectations, they both easily blew me away with the fit and finish, action straight out of the box...just everything. Cheburkov is doing outstanding work. Really appreciate you saying that about the Strizh. I expect it will elicit a love it or hate it reaction due to the handle material and color for most people, but I will put at least the two of us in the "love it" camp. Plus, I ordered it on the 4th of July and it all just made so much sense...at least to me! Thanks again for the very kind words.

dc50, filtrum, TenShun705 and 3 others like this.
  11. JasonPaul

JasonPaul Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2016
    A corporate carry Tops? Yep. Excellent knife.

20190718_131248-1134x2016.jpg

12. Mr.sig239

Mr.sig239 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2007
    Brought the zero to the ocean.[​IMG]

Sparky79, Jpd0144, 4mer_FMF and 12 others like this.
  13. ChazzyP

ChazzyP Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 27, 2014
    We drove back down from our week in Vermont yesterday, most of the way in the rain. It was our first time up to our place in six months as my health issues made staying in such a remote area seem unwise, but with my improvement and the fact that I haven't dropped dead or had any issues as evidence, my docs and wife agreed that a stay up North seemed perfectly reasonable at this point.

The cell signal was exceptionally weak up there this time as our wet spring has yielded a bumper crop of leaves blocking our one line-of-sight to a fairly remote tower, so I was only able to post a little from camp and upload pics just once from our hilltop meadow on our upper acreage. I've got lots of knife and woodsy pics to edit and load to Imgur, but seeing @DCFree 's new Cheburkovs got me out on the back deck here at home to snap a couple pics of my two of the same models--Voron and small Strizh. Those are beauties you picked up, brother, and I'm glad you're pleased with them, though not surprised as Alex and Workshop Chebeurkova do exceptional work in every regard.

Here's my two for today and I'll get caught up with my pics and the posts from y'all that I missed while hiding in the woods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. hhmoore

hhmoore Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Been carrying this group for the past few days/nights. (I had to find & destroy a yellowjacket nest under my pool deck, and a hornet nest at my other property - so the light deserved to be included)
    [​IMG]

15. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    That little TOPS "Scandi" (not quite a Scandi grind) surprised me at the $100ish price point.
    On bearings, flips really well, deep carry clip, decent steel, etc.
    I took a little time on the Edge Pro and made mine a little closer to a full Scandi grind and it's a great performer.
    Everyone should give this one a go.
    [​IMG]

16. DCFree

May 24, 2019
    That's the knife that burned a hole in my brain, @ChazzyP! We all see a lot of knives, but yours stuck with me since I saw it and it's among my favorites of all time. Just a stunning piece. Hope you're feeling well and sounds like a remote Vermont visit out of range of cell towers is a prescription for all good things in life. Your input prior to me buying these two knives is really the reason I have them now, so thanks for the wise counsel as I think they are fantastic. I knew you had the Scout, but didn't know you also had the Strizh (why am I not surprised! : )). I liked the size of it right off the bat, but now having it hand I am even more thoroughly impressed by it. I'm sure they are both great, but at your convenience, it would be interesting to know your thoughts on the Strizh vs. Scout as I contemplated them both. Glad you had a great trip and made it through what sounds like a slog driving back home. Look forward to seeing your curated photos when you post them. Best wishes.

Edgeoflife and Fullflat like this.
  17. TenShun705

TenShun705 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Hope everyone’s enjoying their day so far!

5199BA23-BD0B-465E-9984-0F6447C667EA.jpeg

18. Minirehak212

Minirehak212 Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 1, 2018
    [​IMG]

19. Keyman

Keyman KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 26, 2001