EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

I like the earthy colors on that one. Where did you pick-up the replacement hardware and handle scales?

Thanks!
The scales are Putnam micarta scales. You can google it to check for the best price online.
The thumbstuds are the #4 zirconium thumbstuds from ticonnector.com. I picked up the black back spacer from a seller on etsy (I forgot who the seller is but I think there are a couple sellers that carry them).

Inspired (obsessed?) by ChazzyP ChazzyP Voron custom he posted months ago, I finally took the plunge and just received this production version Voron today and it is fantastic. Thanks for the advice and guidance ChazzyP. Also couldn’t help but order the small strizh as loved the size. Giraffe bone may be the most polarizing handle material on the planet and is mostly loathed by collectors. Oddly, this made me want it more as little chance of running into another one. In any event, I like the look and the knife is exceptional.
Pm06cSZ.jpg
XU0W34q.jpg
a9cJva3.jpg
the

Inspired (obsessed?) by ChazzyP ChazzyP Voron custom he posted months ago, I finally took the plunge and just received this production version Voron today and it is fantastic. Thanks for the advice and guidance ChazzyP. Also couldn’t help but order the small strizh as loved the size. Giraffe bone may be the most polarizing handle material on the planet and is mostly loathed by collectors. Oddly, this made me want it more as little chance of running into another one. In any event, I like the look and the knife is exceptional.
Pm06cSZ.jpg
XU0W34q.jpg
a9cJva3.jpg
the
Daaaaamn! You must’ve been thrilled busting that box open. Very nice. I think that small Strizh of yours is the most gorgeous folder I’ve seen this year!

Daaaaamn! You must’ve been thrilled busting that box open. Very nice. I think that small Strizh of yours is the most gorgeous folder I’ve seen this year!
That is so nice of you to say, Fullflat, and really means a lot coming from you! I had some reservations when I ordered them as had to be shipped from Russian and the package goes into a black hole for awhile and then suddenly remerges. But everything went flawlessly with zero drama from start to finish. I was incredibly excited to open the package and had really high expectations for the knives. Despite my high expectations, they both easily blew me away with the fit and finish, action straight out of the box...just everything. Cheburkov is doing outstanding work. Really appreciate you saying that about the Strizh. I expect it will elicit a love it or hate it reaction due to the handle material and color for most people, but I will put at least the two of us in the "love it" camp. Plus, I ordered it on the 4th of July and it all just made so much sense...at least to me! Thanks again for the very kind words.

We drove back down from our week in Vermont yesterday, most of the way in the rain. It was our first time up to our place in six months as my health issues made staying in such a remote area seem unwise, but with my improvement and the fact that I haven't dropped dead or had any issues as evidence, my docs and wife agreed that a stay up North seemed perfectly reasonable at this point.

The cell signal was exceptionally weak up there this time as our wet spring has yielded a bumper crop of leaves blocking our one line-of-sight to a fairly remote tower, so I was only able to post a little from camp and upload pics just once from our hilltop meadow on our upper acreage. I've got lots of knife and woodsy pics to edit and load to Imgur, but seeing DCFree DCFree 's new Cheburkovs got me out on the back deck here at home to snap a couple pics of my two of the same models--Voron and small Strizh. Those are beauties you picked up, brother, and I'm glad you're pleased with them, though not surprised as Alex and Workshop Chebeurkova do exceptional work in every regard.

Here's my two for today and I'll get caught up with my pics and the posts from y'all that I missed while hiding in the woods.

Rg0bMfe.jpg

RwQvyHX.jpg

A corporate carry Tops? Yep. Excellent knife.

View attachment 1163702
That little TOPS "Scandi" (not quite a Scandi grind) surprised me at the $100ish price point.
On bearings, flips really well, deep carry clip, decent steel, etc.
I took a little time on the Edge Pro and made mine a little closer to a full Scandi grind and it's a great performer.
Everyone should give this one a go.
2ARZymk.jpg

That's the knife that burned a hole in my brain, ChazzyP ChazzyP ! We all see a lot of knives, but yours stuck with me since I saw it and it's among my favorites of all time. Just a stunning piece. Hope you're feeling well and sounds like a remote Vermont visit out of range of cell towers is a prescription for all good things in life. Your input prior to me buying these two knives is really the reason I have them now, so thanks for the wise counsel as I think they are fantastic. I knew you had the Scout, but didn't know you also had the Strizh (why am I not surprised! : )). I liked the size of it right off the bat, but now having it hand I am even more thoroughly impressed by it. I'm sure they are both great, but at your convenience, it would be interesting to know your thoughts on the Strizh vs. Scout as I contemplated them both. Glad you had a great trip and made it through what sounds like a slog driving back home. Look forward to seeing your curated photos when you post them. Best wishes.

Back