EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

Just an SK Blades 'Gentleman' Buck 110 (drop point CPM154 blade, black G10 covers, Nickle Silver bolsters) and a "Remington" canoe, probably made by Camillus, pre 2004.

Not sure about yours but both my Lynch clip had sharp edges I could feel especially when gripping the knife like I was going to use it :)
All of my MXG clips the edges are more finished and more rounded and or contoured that are smooth to the touch and I don’t feel when gripping hard .
The Lynch clips were more thin also .
Maybe the two Lynch clips I had were a bad exception and the rest are like yours. Who knows but again glad your happy with the one”s” you have :)

At the risk of turning this into a clip retrospective thread, you got me curious. :D Any hey, I stumble across random discussions like this in threads all the time while I'm researching knife stuff, and sometimes they're really useful!

Here's a recent vintage Lynch and MXG clip. They're not identical because the MXG is for a different knife, but they are about the same size so it's not a bad comparison. Lynch is mounted on the PM2.

Just from the edges, my Lynch clip looks more finished than yours.

7bPNs5G.jpg

From this angle I can see that the MXG clip has slightly more contouring than the Lynch clip, but it's not night and day. I can feel it when I run my fingers along the edges, but in hand both are quite comfortable.

qgT4Mzd.jpg

Like you said, I'm happy you're happy. Just comparing notes for personal interest and hopefully helping other folks curious about the differences between these two competing brands. :)

At the risk of turning this into a clip retrospective thread, you got me curious. :D Any hey, I stumble across random discussions like this in threads all the time while I'm researching knife stuff, and sometimes they're really useful!

Here's a recent vintage Lynch and MXG clip. They're not identical because the MXG is for a different knife, but they are about the same size so it's not a bad comparison. Lynch is mounted on the PM2.

7bPNs5G.jpg

From this angle I can see that the MXG clip has slightly more contouring than the Lynch clip, but it's not night and day. I can feel it when I run my fingers along the edges, but in hand both are quite comfortable.

qgT4Mzd.jpg

Like you said, I'm happy you're happy. Just comparing notes for personal interest and hopefully helping other folks curious about the differences between these two competing brands. :)
That’s a great comparison although differs from the Lynch and MXG clips I own as it’s a little more extreme . But again we’re both happy and that’s what counts and as you mentioned hopefully it’ll help other folks make there choices between clips :)
Edit : Also your Lynch clip looks very nice and well finished :thumbsup:
I think Two that I got might of slipped threw the cracks :eek:

Last edited:
Dadpool Dadpool Something else I didn’t take into consideration is my Lynch clips I think were from a batch at least 1 to 2 years ago .
The one you have from there current production as I mentioned looks really nice!

Dadpool Dadpool Something else I didn’t take into consideration is my Lynch clips I think were from a batch at least 1 to 2 years ago .
The one you have from there current production as I mentioned looks really nice!

Poking around I found some pics elsewhere of older Lynch clips, and they look more like yours. Seems like he's refined things a bit since then. :)

Tops scandi trekker with custom sheath. I have done some small modifications. I have tried to reform the handle to move my hand slightly forward and give it more room, it still needs some work. The edge has been given a convex bevel, it was not a true scandi to begin with and I blend the bevel to the blade by stropping it with wet/dry sandpaper on belt leather. The leather is glued to a piece of plywood. I got the edge to blend and it is now one of the sharpest knives I own, shaves really easy.

The sheath came with two straps. One strap is enough, with the statick cord I can switch to iwb or pocket carry. When carrying horizontal I wrap the cord round the sheath and belt.
e9qIz8c.jpg

No doubt great presentation.
Not sure about yours but both my Lynch clip had sharp edges I could feel especially when gripping the knife like I was going to use it :)
All of my MXG clips the edges are more finished and more rounded and or contoured that are smooth to the touch and I don’t feel when gripping hard .
The Lynch clips were more thin also .
Maybe the two Lynch clips I had were a bad exception and the rest are like yours. Who knows but again glad your happy with the one”s” you have :)
Here’s a close up of the well finished/contoured nice thick edge on my MXG
4cpqwUf.jpg
Hard to get it focused but here’s the sharper unfinished looking edge on my Lynch clip
ruOif4t.jpg

7bPNs5G.jpg

qgT4Mzd.jpg

I’ll agree that the Lynch NW clips feel a bit sharp on the edges. However, it’s not to the point where it bothers me. I think the difference in edge depends on the finish of the clips. I have two LNW clips (bead blast and sand wash). The edges on bead blast definitely looks smoother than the sand wash. I don’t have a pic of the sand washed clip but here is the bead blasted one. My sandwashed clip looks like TheFactor TheFactor clip.

V9HmOrm.jpg

And just to stay on topic, here is what I’m carrying this morning.

AXaF15q.jpg

Edit: Here is some bad luck. Just moments after taking this picture, I step out of the car and drop my pm2 on the pavement. Blade flew open and jacked up the tip a bit. Oh well I guess the honeymoon phase is over. Time to use the hell out of this.

Last edited:
Back