EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

XtFNSC6.jpg

Yes,it a nice knife.I find Spyderco's CTS-XHP doesn't take much to sharpen and takes a keen sharp edge.

Yeah I rarely have to do anything more than strop.

I'll post another pic of the Domino tonight. Door county is beautiful, though a bit chilly for me.

Today was another paperwork day, organizing completed job records and balancing the ledgers against invoices. Working at my drafting table to be able to spread everything out I had my SuperLeaf in pocket, but figured I should give props to the knife that lives in the pencil tray, my Al Mar Eagle Talon in Cocobolo. This one, to use Nick Shabazz's term, is quite "murdery" so it's sort of an extra large gentleman's shiv. It's not my usual sort of thing, but very well made, its thin Aus8 blade is wicked sharp, and I love the look of the brass liners set off against the stainless steel and dark, streaked wood scales. It makes one helluva letter opener, tape and paper cutter.

The light in the office and under the drafting lamp really sucks for pics so I took it outside for some shots around supper time.

S24iDqK.jpg

Awa1W8G.jpg

Just got back from a much needed ride with my trusty Sogg . Who says you need a 3 digit knife to have fun.
I’ve had a cold /flu for about a week and a half and even had to miss a track day I was planning for a month or so. Just now feeling about 80% but I had to get out on my bike since I finally got my balance back somewhat and clear my head so went to my favorite twisties . Thought I’d share some pics and seriously this Sogg is a great little knife for the price. It was a freebee throw in on a knife purchase about a year ago.
FCybgcT.jpg

M4nqj8K.jpg

aBuj7eM.jpg

gQjFJxx.jpg

33KhyXa.jpg

Just got back from a much needed ride with my trusty Sogg . Who says you need a 3 digit knife to have fun.
I’ve had a cold /flu for about a week and a half and even had to miss a track day I was planning for a month or so. Just now feeling about 80% but I had to get out on my bike since I finally got my balance back somewhat and clear my head so went to my favorite twisties . Thought I’d share some pics and seriously this Sogg is a great little knife for the price. It was a freebee throw in on a knife purchase about a year ago.
FCybgcT.jpg

M4nqj8K.jpg

aBuj7eM.jpg

gQjFJxx.jpg

33KhyXa.jpg
Great pictures and that beautiful bike! Hope you feel better soon buddy!

I want a shaman with a ball bearing lock mechanism. Or a lock back.
I have a Shaman and it is one of my all time favorites now. The compression lock is very beefy and locks up and feels like a hinderer or strider and Chris Reeve all rolled into one. Amazing knife feels so good in hand and love the sound of the action with nice solid clicks when opening and closing. With a very thick blade but thin behind the edge and is a great slicer. I can’t wait for the next Sprint runs !
QUp9SpH.jpg

eOGKmWf.jpg

The stonewashed clip and blade is hard to capture in a picture without the right lighting but looks so good.
mkVrbLn.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Shaman and it is one of my all time favorites now. The compression lock is very beefy and locks up and feels like a hinderer or strider and Chris Reeve all rolled into one. Amazing knife feels so good in hand and love the sound of the action with nice solid clicks when opening and closing. With a very thick blade but thin behind the edge and is a great slicer. I can’t wait for the next Sprint runs !
QUp9SpH.jpg

eOGKmWf.jpg

The stonewashed clip and blade is hard to capture in a picture without the right lighting but looks so good.
mkVrbLn.jpg
I agree it's a great knife. I have the s90 cf sprint run. I'm just not a huge compression lock fan. I think it's how much I need to adjust my grip to actuate it. I'm getting much better at it, but it's not as natural as some of my other folders.

Edit to add.
A smock button lock type compression lock would be cool too. 20190627_140910-2241x3984.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I rarely have to do anything more than strop.

I'll post another pic of the Domino tonight. Door county is beautiful, though a bit chilly for me.

I pulled the Manix out felt the was a little dull.So I touched up the edge using the white ceramic sharpmaker rod.It took about a minute followed up by a few passes on a strop

Back