EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

A little Blue mixed in the red tool belt today. I haven't quite had the heart to actually bring it on the job site yet, that's what the boxcutter is for.

zrRI92Ph.jpg

Last edited:
I’ve never really gave much thought into owning a Hinderer, mainly because of no lefty version, but that right there makes me reconsider. Congratulations. That’s pretty dang slick looking
Thanks brother. In some ways RHKs don't really conform to my general preferences in folding knives with Russian makers and CRKs more up my alley along with my Spydies and BMks, among others. While I'm not a huge fan of overbuilt, thick-bladed models, Hinderers are exceptionally well-built, have a distinctive style of their own, and are great in hand. The MP1 is not the most popular model either, but may be the favorite of my four--I've got a killer edge on it, love the blade shape, and the look of its mottled red Micarta scale really floats my boat. Hinderer S35VN is just outstanding, too.

With Al Mar seemingly moving production from Japan to China, I carried an Al Mar Falcon yesterday to celebrate the Japanese made knives ... today it's a Japanese made Kershaw Splinter from 2004(?). It's not going to be long before we are going to be pining for the "good old days" when knives were made in Japan by fourth generation knife makers ... get em while you can.

Thanks brother. In some ways RHKs don't really conform to my general preferences in folding knives with Russian makers and CRKs more up my alley along with my Spydies and BMks, among others. While I'm not a huge fan of overbuilt, thick-bladed models, Hinderers are exceptionally well-built, have a distinctive style of their own, and are great in hand. The MP1 is not the most popular model either, but may be the favorite of my four--I've got a killer edge on it, love the blade shape, and the look of its mottled red Micarta scale really floats my boat. Hinderer S35VN is just outstanding, too.
Thanks for the info. Maybe one day I’ll get to handle one. Over the last few years I’ve drifted to only CRKs. I know they have their flaws and downfalls but I just fell in love with them. Dedicated lefty helps their cause with me as well. I like the thumbstud opening, the heft they have in hand, the smoothness and other things as well. I don’t need a fidget factor. Maybe I’m getting old and boring but my axis locks and ball bearing flippers, I would catch myself opening them too much and driving myself crazy ha. That red micarta does something for me as well. I have a red micarta Inkosi and it’s hands down my favorite inlay. I know I’ll be doing a lot of draw cuts today so I stuck with yesterday’s insingo. The draw cut is where that shape stands out to me. And Edgeoflife Edgeoflife congrats on the new 21
D89DC39F-6D8B-48BB-A9C9-D6E54061BEF7.jpeg

Last edited:
Back