EDC XIII Which knife or knives are you carrying today?

jlc1GNih.jpg

We got up tp our camp in Vermont around 9:30 last night and spent the today just hanging out and getting settled in. We set up the deck rockers, table, and grill; uncovered the Ranger; got out the door-yard bench and chairs; and lots of other pedestrian, but enjoyable tasks as they all are part of a stay of several days to a week. Our shed was built by the previous owners last husband out of leftover and reclaimed materials and includes an old board door with an equally old 4-lite barn sash attached. Years ago the right horizontal muntin fell out along with the two glass panes and I screwed a piece of plywood in their place. This morning the upper left pane fell out upon opening and I removed the loose muntin and plywooded that side too, using my Hati to remove the slight amount of dry,cracked glazing compound remaining.

CxEeN03.jpg

6gtWMqs.jpg

Later, we took the Ranger to our hilltop meadow for a gorgeous view on a beautiful last week of summer day that's way more like fall in this northern clime.

qwM6qxu.jpg

There's probably no comparison, but your pic reminded me how much I like my Laconico Keen, so I got it out again. The design is simple, well made, it's great for everyday cutting chores without looking tactical, it carries like a much smaller knife & it's just soooo smooth.
There very much IS a comparison, I have both (my Keen is also holey but plain stonewash). The Keen no doubt is a "better" knife for most folks to be honest, but I think this little MBK Min Pin is just sexy as hell. I just marvel at the lines.

5SHwUXth.jpg

Nice Harsey Folder, I've wanted one for a while. not a big thumb stud guy but it looks like such a knife.

Thanks man! I will add that this is definitely not a fidget piece — as nice as the thumb studs are, they will shred up your thumbs lol.

They’re very well built and very nice. Big negative is that they are very thick behind the edge, if that’s important to you.

Ditto!

Back